Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 "Roto Start"?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mondo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 buggy.
It's still running in and has only had two tanks thru it. This is because the pull starter cord snapped!
I was thinking about a starter box, but I was wondering if there was a Thunder Tiger "Rotor Start" type system available, or an aftermarket product that would fit on the Pro 21 motor...

Anyone have any ideas, or should I just get myself a decent starter box?

Right, this is my second attempt to see if any of you guys are aware of the existance of a universal roto-start adapter for my Thunder Tiger Pro21R motor..

I"m not sure if they make a roto start for it, but if I were you I would go the starter box route. Your looking at about $35 for the whole rotostart backplate with starter shaft, and you can get a good box for about $50 and you can use it for any mill you have not just one.

This is the same exact engine that I used in my Fusion21. Go HERE and order the "E start assembly" p/n G556. it will allow you to use a 12V drill and ballend allen shaft to start your engine Everything comes with that assembly I am referring you to. It costs $69.99 but is worth the purchase. I don't know if the rotostart unit will fit the Pro21R, but this one will.

Right,

Bought myself a Thunder Tiger starter box, not because I'm brand loyal, mainly because it was cheap and from what I've read it's a decent starter box anyway

I will look into the E-Start soon :)

Thanks guys....

I know TT makes one for that engine...I have a brand new TT.21 pro mill and backplate...it's called Tiger Drive I beleive.....nice unit cause there is nothing over hanging on the rear of the case.....

Diver6127 said:
This is the same exact engine that I used in my Fusion21. Go HERE and order the "E start assembly" p/n G556. it will allow you to use a 12V drill and ballend allen shaft to start your engine Everything comes with that assembly I am referring you to. It costs $69.99 but is worth the purchase. I don't know if the rotostart unit will fit the Pro21R, but this one will.

I looked into that option and the Thunder Tiger motors sold to Schumacher racing have a different crank fitting to the normal Thunder Tiger Pro21 motors, so that rules that option out. Thanks for info anyway, it was an interesting exercise finding all that info out ;)

Plaidfish said:
I know TT makes one for that engine...I have a brand new TT.21 pro mill and backplate...it's called Tiger Drive I beleive.....nice unit cause there is nothing over hanging on the rear of the case.....

Plaidfish, I haven't had any luck finding one of those here in the UK yet. I am hunting one down, believe you me :)

In the interim I did invest in a starter box and a new pull start...