Tranny or Diff Problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSTFBDY

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
newbe here so please bear with me.

Wants sure which forum to put this so I put it in the General nitro one also.

I just traded my SuperNitro SR4 Rally for a T MAXX with a Sirio
.18 The MAXX needed a new tranny gear PN#4995 I picked it up. put the tranny back together. fired the Maxx up and It seems the wheels are battling each other.(aka fronts are going forward, rears are going back. or vise versa I didnt take notice) I just noticed em going oposite. So I shut it down.

anyways My question is. I took the tranny back apart to make sure I put it together right and all seem fine as far as I know.

Would this be a differential problem?

Thanks In Advance. I'm just getting into the MAXX world and can't wait to get some more stuff for it. Matter of fact I'm looking at Alum. Shock Towers and A-Arms now

You only need to post it in one forum, trust me, it will be found. I deleted the other thread. BTW Welcome to RCNT.

As far as your problem, it sounds more like a diff problem. Have the diffs been removed from the truck? It is possible they may have been put back in incorrectly.

Thanks for deleteing one. I wanst sure were to put it.

The Original owner said He put lockers in it. so I dono.. As I said I've only messed with my srs4 This is my 1st Maxx.

I guess Its time to bust out the manual and pull apart the diff's

No problem.

Did he put spools, or lockers as you called them in both diffs? Just a warning, if he did you should not run your truck with spools on the pavement at all, as it will tear up the rest of the drive train. Since he had to remove them to install the spools, he most likely put them back in wrong. As you look at the diffs you will notice where the case splits in half and is held together with four screws. One side of the case is tapered, the other is the larger half that houses the cup. Look at the front diff, the tapered side should be to towards the left front a-arm. Now look at the rear diff, the taper should face the right rear a-arm. Check and see if they are installed this way. Hope this helps

Originally posted by NCNitro
Look at the front diff, the tapered side should be to towards the left front a-arm. Now look at the rear diff, the taper should face the right rear a-arm. Check and see if they are installed this way. Hope this helps

Bingo.. he has em both Facing right.

time to tear it down 2morrow.

Thanks. I may just rip it all apart and powdercoat the chassis like I did my SRS4

Back