battery pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee wee

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm new to this hobbie but learning fast! I have got a gallon into my new savage no problem's yet. Now to my question .What is the best batteries to run in the truck? Four AA alkaline ,or I have seen these five pack rechargable type ? Which last longer , has more power, how long does it take to recharge etc.? What is a good brand name, What kind of money Am I looking at for a charger and a five pack? Is it worth it or not ? thank's a lot!!

These are worth the money LINK And will last 10 times longer than AA batteries.

i used to be opposed to rehargables, as i was worried that they would fail right when i needed them. most will come with an overnight charger, and when fully charged, they will last all day. i now have nimh rechargables in all my rc equipment, and would never go back. try the trinity 1300ma pack, its amazing, and what i have in my rc10gt, and ntc3

Could I even get a five pack in place with all the other wires in there and get the lid closed and pinned shut?

the five pack rechargeable will fit fine but do your self a favor and get the switch for recharging the pack while in the truck just cut a small hole for charging lead much easier

yes a five cell pack i s a must, otherwise the voltage will not be correct. nimh only put out 1.2v while alkalines put out 1.5v. a smart idea, which i have seen done, is to drill two small holes in the rcvr box, and route the wire out and then back in again, with the batt connector on the outside of the box. then, when u ned to recharge, all you have to do is disconnect the batt wire from the rcvr, and connect it to the charger.

Here is a site that sells Savage RX batteries for good price. The wall charger, peak charger adapter, and battery box plug in come with the price of the battery.
Savage RX 6V Battery Packs

Last edited: