Euro Truck Body Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mjime714

Cutting and painting this cars is a lot harder than touring cars. It has a lot of more technical cuts, and not to mention that Yokomo bodies tend to be a little thicker lexan that most. All the little detail contours of the body are hard to get paint into. Although I am not totally happy with my craftsmanship, I still like how it came out.

I was able to take my GT4 out for its first time in public with its new lid and here is how it went.

Busted the car out and got some funny responses. The bulk of it being that it looks like a Radio Shack toy. It does not look like it will handle and that it might topple over.

When i started it and blipped around the lot to warm up the car, I felt that I needed to compensate for the high stance by taking it really easy on the turns. Thats just from what it looked like on the turns not by how it handled. Once I got it all warm and ready to rip, i was already used to how the car reacts to my control and started to really open it up. When turning at higher speeds the back does slide out, and it is really noticeable with this body. That was expected seeing that it has no wing in the back to stabilize it. Nothing a little bit of suspension tuning couldn't fix by getting a solid rear.

On a straight it was a different story. This sucker kept its line a lot better than my MRS body. I felt like I had more control at high speeds. It reacts with a lot of precision to my every move.

If you want a sleeper body. This is a great one. Everyone who sees it will never think you got a high powered monster under that funny looking shell. I probably will not track race with it because it is a more expensive body, but bashing I think its fine. The body protects the car very well, and I suggest you don't cut the rear body mount for extra protection.

If you don't know which body I am talking about, you could find it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should see the thing run. Funny as all hell, but is pretty awesome.

I just find it amazing that those bodies are good for sticking to the ground qualities. Looks badass too. I would just do it up like a psycho drunk truck drivers pimp house instead :)

Need the hound dog too. And yes, the gunrack.

It would be sweet if a company would make a few different Big Rigs for the 1/10 scale cars. I would sport a sweet looking Kenworth.

Back