adjusting ride height????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig-uk

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've just bought some droop gauges. how do you adjust ride height??

Typically ride height is adjusted using a couple things. One simple way is using shock preload spacers. If you put more spacers in, the car will sit higher. Also if your car has droop screws, they will limit the ride height without tinkering with the shocks.

Ride height is adjusted by either collar spacers or by the collars on the treaded shock bodies. Droop screws determine the suspension travel aka bump stops.

were are the droop screws??

Thanks Diver. I'm not totally familiar with some of the touring car setup options as I've never had a TC with droop screws. I thought they were used to reduce ride height but now it's my understanding they work the other way.

craig-uk said:
were are the droop screws??
which car? Usually, the best place to locate them is right by the hingepin on the lower arms. They are grub screws that when screwed in all the way will protrude and make contact with the chassis. This will make the arms go up and down as you adjust the screws one way or the other.

If you have the manual, it will show you where it is located. Which car are you referring to?

To lower your car then you will have to take a couple of spacers of of the shocks.If there is no spacers on the shocks and it sits to high then you will either have to get a new set of springs or cut a coil or two of the ones you have.

Back