Traxxas TopFuel in UK?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have read manual for Traxxas 2.5 engine and I found out that they are 'designed' to run on Traxxas Top Fuel so I had small look around internet model shop's (UK websites only) and I did not find anything about it:angry:

if Traxxas engines are designed to run on it then way Traxxas doesn't sell them over the sea in UK?
they are selling so many Traxxas cars in UK but no one sells TopFuel:whhooo:

why no one sells TopFuel if that's what Traxxas engines are made to run on:whhooo:

If some one was selling TopFuel I would but is for sure even if it was bit more expensive but as long as it would give me best performance.
can some one explain me why no one sells it?>:whhooo:and why?>:whhooo:

if I can't buy any in UK then what other fuel should I use for my Traxxas Revo engine 2.5 ?

I can attest to that. Traxxas engines do run better on Traxxas fuel. I can't really say why nobody over there carries it.

why can't they sell fuel when they are selling their other products?
what other fuel would be best to use with traxxas engines

Take a look at the oil fuel mixture on the stuff you're using. Then go out and buy a brand available over where you are that matches that mixture. You may need to adjust your tune a little but overall, you should be alright, get fine performance out of your engine with another brand. I've used traxxas, byrons and losi fuels. I'm not saying it's not possible for there to be a difference between them but it's not that big and it's not going to hurt your engine.

you can use any kind of fuel you want . traxxas top fuel is recommended but not required. there is all kinds of fuels , all kinds of brands, and all kinds of percentage of oil mixture. there is 10 20 and 30% oil mixture i would prefer using 20%. Here is a website i found from google :

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowStatic&StaticPage=fuel.php

I see they sell o'donnels which is also sold in the us and many people use it on their revo's .

just buy the o'donnels 20% gallon it is 19.39 euro

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=30293

hope this helps and good luck!:)

Good Question for Traxxas

I agree with the previous post regarding adequate substitutes, however since traxxas clearly recommends their own fuel but can't get their fuel to all the places they ship their other products, perhaps an email to traxxas asking them their recommendations would be in order. I'm curious to know if they email you back a brand that is available to you by name and or if they give you a general statement. You might want to make a list of fuels availble to you in your area and include them in your email and ask if using any of them would void warranty since their recommended product is unobtainable.

I'm sure many of us would love to hear what they have to say.

thanks,but do u know why Traxxas can't sell it in Uk

Traxxas probably COULD sell it in the UK but don't. I would imagine other fuels already made available there make it not financially wise for them to tack on the cost of hazmat shipping to get it there resulting in uncompetitive pricing. Granted, I don't speak for traxxas, but I have done a lot of research into why some fuels are available over seas and some are not while trying to get some here in Iraq. The answers all seem to come back to the same thing. Cost.

Last edited:
If TopFuel would be shipped to UK I would pay more for it.
and there are many other brands that are shipped,nearly every brand it's make in other country then UK,I think that only Model Technics are made in UK and that the one that I got, 2.27 Liters 20% BigBang for OffRoad for just £14,seems cheap but thats most common and most often used brand of fuel in UK.
I will try to contact Traxxas and see what they have to say.

okay,I have emailed them,now we just have to wait for them to respond.

I'm curious to why you are so hard lined on traxxas top fuels? Comparing oil content, type of oils, blending controls, storage and shipping, they are to me absolutely no different than many of the other fuels out there. Byron, Morgan and Odonnels are a few that come to mind that should be available to you. Eitherway, you could darn near make your own fuel at home...and many have with great success, making getting hung up on one particular brand a bit of a mystery to me. Please share your thoughts.

I'm curious to why you are so hard lined on traxxas top fuels? Comparing oil content, type of oils, blending controls, storage and shipping, they are to me absolutely no different than many of the other fuels out there. Byron, Morgan and Odonnels are a few that come to mind that should be available to you. Eitherway, you could darn near make your own fuel at home...and many have with great success, making getting hung up on one particular brand a bit of a mystery to me. Please share your thoughts.

I just wonder,if Traxxas says that their fuel is so good ''best fuel for your engine'' then why aren't they selling their TopFuel in other countries.
and i'm sure that Traxxas TopFuel will get best performance on Traxxas Engines.

okay,they have replied to me an hour ago,there it is:
Hello,

Unfortunately Top Fuel is generally not available outside the United States. Try to find Blue Thunder 10% or 20%. You can also look for Modeltechnics Quickfire 16, which is made in the UK. This fuel contains 18% of oil by volume of which 4% is castor. It is available in 10% or 16% nitro.

Best regards,
Stephen Lindholm,
TRAXXAS Customer Service

Please include all previous e-mails in your response

You can view all of our vehicles, exploded views, parts lists and parts pricing at our website. www.traxxas.com, and www.buytraxxas.com. You can download a catalog at http://www.traxxas.com/support/catalog/trx_catalog.htm

If you need further assistance, please contact our Customer Service department at one of the following:

Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 9:00pm Central Time

US Customers only 1-888-TRAXXAS (Toll Free)
Outside of US 972-265-8000
Fax 972-265-8011
e-mail [email protected]
Address 1100 Klein Rd. Plano, Texas 75074 USA
-----------
TRAXXAS UK
Voice 44-117-956-1002
Fax 44-117-956-1121
Address P.O. Box 1128 Winterbourne, Bristol BS36 2SH, England

Bartek, you're gonna have to let this one go. You can either sit around all day racking your brain about why they don't ship to the UK, or get out there with another fuel and have some fun. The difference between brands of fuels is minimal if at all. Traxxas is trying to make money and one of many ways they do it is to try getting people to buy more of their products whether it's the rc vehicle, replacement parts or fuel. Every company does it. Move on kid, move on.

I dug a little deeper for you. Don't quote on me on this but i believe Traxxas top fuel is made by powermaster fuels out of Texas and labeled for Traxxas. I'm not trying to give away any trade secrets here or anything but they also make a few other name labels based on specific oil blends, nitro content and other requirements. Traxxas Top fuel I think runs 16 or 18 percent oil wich is also a synthetic blend, I don't recall the exact ratio of synth to castor but if you notice, they don't put that information on their labels and I can't figure out where I had found the information originally. If you are concerned about the warranty and protection of you mill, use a higher oil content fuel and stay away from lower 12% oil racing fuels. Typically, racing mills are tweaked to get absolute maximum power, not max engine life. Most fuels labeled basher, or RTR fuels have a higher oil content to help save less than expert tuners from themselves. Find your local experienced drivers, find out what they use, listen to their recommendations and decide for yourself what's best for you.

If anyone finds contradicting information, please let me know immediately so i can edit this post.

Back