savage spur gear prom

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was driving my truck and the i cheak if i when i stop the truck and put my leg in front of it so it dosent go anywhere then i push the trottle the spur gear was spining really fast while i had it stop i dont now what the prom is
if u know help me

thanks Tim

You need to tighten up the sliper clutch. What you do is hold the spur and tighten the nut in the middle of the spur all the way down, then back it off about 1/4 of a turn. That should do it.

You need to tighten up your posting habits as well. Trying to decipher what you are trying to say isn't worth the time it takes to help. Just imagine if we posted answers to your question the same way you asked.....

Wouldn't be pretty would it?

Timbo said:
i was driving my truck and the i cheak if i when i stop the truck and put my leg in front of it so it dosent go anywhere then i push the trottle the spur gear was spining really fast while i had it stop i dont now what the prom is
if u know help me

thanks Tim

Seriously, I could barely understand that.

oh sorry i was tired when i was typeing and i have the nut on the spur gear pretty tight already

might have stripped a wheel hub, might have blown a diff, might have blown a tranny gear.....

i ahd the same thing happen to me and it was the nut not beng thght enough...i just cranked the thing all the way down... never had the same problem again!

Check to see if the nut on the slipper is turning with the spur gear when you rev it and hold it. If the shaft the spur gear on is turning, then your power is being released somewhere other than your slipper.

If it's being released somewhere else, hold it down and watch all your axles when you gun it. See which one is spinning. If the shaft the spur is on is spinning and no other shafts are (including both center shafts), then your trans is hosed.

I just blew my first hex this weekend on my revo with HPI rims... first ever in 4 years of MT bashing. I thought I had finally blown a diff in the revo, so I limped it back to the car. I didn't hear any grinding, so I figured I'd hold it down and see what the deal was. Well, the front tires were both spinning but neither rear was. Upon closer inspection, one of the rear axles was spinning as was the axle nut, which means the hex is no longer a hex.

Kind of sucks as I don't have a spare set of wheels/tires laying around other than 2 sets of maximizers that I gave up on...

Back