I'm having a problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Nitro?

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm having a goofy problem,Today i dropped my wasp.28 in my savage. Went to start it and it flooded. Alright no problem i pulled the glow plug out flipped it and drained it. Tried the process over again,It's flooded again,Flipped it drained it. I continued to do this process about 5 times,Then i pulled the airfilter out and relised that when i pull the pullstart,The pressure it causing the engine till fill full of fuel and come out till it's even lined for air. I drained it and the it keep's dumping fuel in it like mad. I'm pretty sure it was doing this to the xtm but iunno,It's becoming a nightmare to get the engine to start.it'll sputter but that's it.I also adjusted the idle,No differnce.Help me pleasseeee

The only thing I can think of is the needles being way to rich. Or you have a clog in your stinger.

Last edited:
I leaned the needle's out a bit but that didn't seem to help

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...A Wasp .28, huh? Welcome to the nightmare, my man!

Those are excellent mills, but the are a BEOTCH to tune! I finally gave up trying on mine and it's on the shelf in timeout.

What do you have your needles set at, factory? Is this a brand new mill or broken in?

I suggest reviewing this thread mr. will started about his Wasp .28: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40178 Some good information in there.

Like I said, it's a strong, strong mill once you find the sweet spot, but you damn near need to have the patience of a saint to find it!

Just ask Mr. Will what he's doing with his!

LoL thank's MW. It's been broken in. The needle's are going to be reset to 4.5 on the low 5 on the high,and 1/16th on the idle. I'm going to clean my pipe out and see if that is what's causing the problem.

Perhaps your savage has the uniflow mod done to it?

Did you try putting in that P7 plug yet???

HeartBreak said:
Perhaps your savage has the uniflow mod done to it?

Yeah, excellent point! My Wasp ran worse with the mod.

Also, try going 3.5 to 4 turns on the LSN. That's where mine was the happiest, the few times I got it dialed in. I want to say the HSN was happiest at about 5.5 to 6 turns out, but I cannot recall for sure. I do know the stock settings on the HSN were way too rich and the son-of-a-gun hydrolocked every stinkin' time!

Good luck, GN! Those mills are awesome, but they can be so finicky to tune!

no the savage does not have the uniflo....

sounds like its way rich man! lean it a few turns and try again, you didnt put a cap on the stinger did you?

Well i found the problem,Beason,Yes beason and I'm blaming him to. Forgot to tell me the dubro stinger had a plug in it. I pulled the plug and it started,it kinda idles but as soon as i hit the gas it dies,i leaner out. And it doesn't wanna start,i richen it up and it doesn't start,i played with the idle needle and it didn't seem to help so iunno.

Busted,I'm using the plug it came with and it glows like a mofo. So iunno. This damn truck is loud though lol

LOL man i put that plug in there last time i ran it so it wouldnt drip in my car. that is some funny stuff right there!! got_nitro? = uberdink!!

reset your needles man and try it. it should be fine now!! lmao!!

beason said:
LOL man i put that plug in there last time i ran it so it wouldnt drip in my car. that is some funny stuff right there!! got_nitro? = uberdink!!

reset your needles man and try it. it should be fine now!! lmao!!

I did reset my needle's. Thank's appleshit for my sore arm after trying to pull that damn starter for about an hour.

I did also notice that my carb's not opening all the way,I have yet to figure out why either.

Last edited:
GN, if you haven't sealed that SOB up with RTV (or better yet, if Uber-Dink tried to) I suggest doing it on that mill. The slightest air leak and that thing runs like dog crap!

One last suggestion. My Wasp seemed to start better and run better with the OS P6 turbo plugs versus the P7. It's a hotter plug.

Man, hope you get it dialed in!

I set the needle's to the suggestion's you gave me and it doesn't start. No uberdink didn't seal it up(god i hope not) busted sealed it. I checked for leak's made sure it was sealed and it still didn't start. Iunno i tried playing with the Idle needle. I'm going to wait for my Grandpa and my dad to get together that way the 3 musketiers will get this figured out.

Update...

I got the truck to start and idle,I tried the new plug work's as good as the old plug. I've got it running rich as can be without dieing to the point the it look's like somebody's spitting outta my pipe. I still can't get it to take any gas,it'll just idle. Now what?

Got me, man. Maybe try leaning the LSN a tad more? Is it flaming out or gurgling then dying?

Honestly, that thing has a very, very narrow sweet spot. It'll take some patience to get it there, but when you do, hold on 'cause that thing will run like a raped ape!

Monkey Wrench said:
Got me, man. Maybe try leaning the LSN a tad more? Is it flaming out or gurgling then dying?

Honestly, that thing has a very, very narrow sweet spot. It'll take some patience to get it there, but when you do, hold on 'cause that thing will run like a raped ape!

It's odd,It doesn't sound like it grabbing rev's. It just stop's, When i apply very little throttle,and i mean very little like just putting my finger on the side of the trigger that sob dies,it doesn't rev up.It just dies. No gurgglin at all.

Maybe go way, way rich on the LSN and see what she does, then lean it out from there.

I did go way way rich,I think i went to 5 turns,and it wouldn't even run,it puked so hard that i made a huge mess,I think the most i could get it out to was 4 1/4 and it was spitting and running like crap. Now i have it about 3 1/4- 3 1/2 and it's idleing. Earlier it would idle,now it want's to die occasionlly so i maybe still too rich

its way to rich, lean it like a turn and try again....

Back