2 Wheel Drive?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougc

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have heard of a few people making there Savage RWD, I wanted to try it but every time I make mine front wheel drive it goes super slow. So what would I do to make it 2 wheel drive and still go about the same speed? Do I Just remove the dog bone, maybe the diff, Or what about the shaft screw that holds the cup? So one please please give me a hint.

Doug

Why not just remove the dogbone man. I see that as being the easiest way around it all. Newayz good luck. Any purpose of people doing this??

There is a big difference between a puller two wheel drive and a pusher two wheel drive.

In order to make your truck a two wheel drive, just remove the dog bone opposite the part you want to do the driving (remove the front dogbone to get rear wheel drive and vice versa).

As for the speed question, that is a good one. When you remove the front wheel drive train, you remove that load from the engine and the rest of the drive train. All that extra power should go somewhere and that somewhere is the remaining drive train. So, you should see it get up and go a little quicker. With a truck as heavy as the Savage, that might not be a noticeable jump in speed.

Give it a try and let us know (about the rear wheel drive option...you already stated it went slower as a front wheel drive).

If you are running the 25 you might want to change to the 18 tooth clutch bell other wise you will constantly be flipping over.

My savage is RWD due to broken dogbones:( but i haven't really seen a differece in performance except now i can do crazy burnouts:D

my front dogbone fell out a while ago and just put it back in. but before i put it back in, it was just rear wheel drive, and there is no difference besides burnouts and doghnuts.
savager

Ok I did it, It was fun for a few mins, but I kept rolling over time after time. I also noticed it could wheelie just like the muscle cars going down the drag strip. it was good way to mix it up but I would only do it again if I had all the power going to my rear wheels

Doug

You had all power going to your rear if you removed the front dogbone (front center that is).

Sorry, you did not like the change that the 2WD made for you. I think the Savage is much nicer as a four wheeler, anyway. If you want to try a mod to get more power to the wheels, give the 4 spider gear differential mod a try. My truck certainly got more to the wheels than it did without it.

I know most of the power was going to the rear wheels, but it felt slower, In the street it was the same as 4 wheel drive but it could roll easyier, When I go to a dirt hill I will make it 2 wheel drive and play in the dirt, and try to drift or something.

Back