What do you think of this shock tower?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shogun1122

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I wanted to get a shock tower that has multiple attachment points. I want the shock to be able attach at the highest and furthest point from the chassis. I really like golden horizon products. However this shock tower has very little to it and i am concerned about its strength. Has anyone used this Shock tower or have any opnions about it? I was also looking into Team Blue Star Shock towers, are they any good? Oh and the Nova shock tower just wont work.

Here is a link to the GH tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFEB2&P=7

Looks good. Beefy looking up near the mounts with plenty of options (more than one is usually good enough for me:D )

The price is right, and it is shiny. Shiny is always a good thing ;)

What is wrong with the Nova tower?

Well, I'm running the buggy shocks and thier a little bit cramped with the stock shock towers and I'm trying to give them a little more room to stretch their legs. After looking at the Nova tower, it didnt look like it gave me a position that would give me more travel than the stock. Plus i am thinking of adding 4 more buggy shocks and i have clearence issues with the exhaust manifold. I think that the GH towers have a position far enough out to solve this problem. Tell me what you think.

I have gotten the GH Aluminum suspesion arms and hold up very well, i like GH products aswell but i have never used the shock towers. I would think that the towers won't have a lot of force on them so they should hold up pretty well. Other parts like suspension arm have to be stronger because they take more of a beating. I think those towers will be fine.

You could also look at these, they look like they have a little more to them:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGCB9&P=7

Originally posted by Shogun1122
Well, I'm running the buggy shocks and thier a little bit cramped with the stock shock towers and I'm trying to give them a little more room to stretch their legs. After looking at the Nova tower, it didnt look like it gave me a position that would give me more travel than the stock. Plus i am thinking of adding 4 more buggy shocks and i have clearence issues with the exhaust manifold. I think that the GH towers have a position far enough out to solve this problem. Tell me what you think.

There are guys on this site who run the Nova towers with little to no problem.

As for going up to the 8 shocks, I'm curious as to why. Planning on jumping a two story building or something? I think you will find that the clearance issue will remain. I have New Era towers that provide a decent upper position, but the clearance issue remains both in the front and the rear of the truck when it comes to the buggy shocks on the upper a-arms.

You will find that the rear shocks bang the fuel tank and the exhaust header. You will find that the front shocks bind against the chassis TVPs or end up limiting ride height because of their clearance.

Not saying it can't be done, but am curious as to why you would need to make it happen.

Is the buggy shock set up still good for some bashing?

Since that is primarily what I do with my trucks...no racer here, I'm going to say a big....

HELL YES!

Back