throttle servo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knemo77

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
on my t-maxx I have hitec servos...my problem is that servo gives me too much travel of the throttle rod and it slips backwards causing the throttle to stay open. My question is can you controll the travel the servo gives? i need like a quarter of the throttle on the radio to open the carb and the rest is useless.

I think i put enough info in there..if not tell me what you need to know. thanks in advance.:doh:

When you installed the new servo did you mount the throttle pushrod in a hole on the servo horn where it was farther away from the center of the servo drive than stock distance? Stock distance of the throttle pushrod guide post to servo center is 9/16". On the stock servo horn that was the middle of the three holes.

Last edited:
Most of the newer upgraded transmitters have an adjustment called EPA End Point Adjustment. This allows you to control the servo travel.

Your other option is to place a spring over the linkage rod on the backside of the horn. This will absorb any additional travel without ripping your engine out of the mount.

You should be able to reposition the horn on the servo to come real close. It take a lot of thought and time to properly adjust the linkage. keep trying.

Last edited:
Back