can get the slide carb to open up all the way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b0rderman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just got my savage, and i finished breaking it in, but one thing that is holding back the performance is that the carb only opens up about 3/4 the way. I got it to open up all teh way but then the carb won't close back down to idle without me tapping forward(braking) to set it back all the way so it can idle. This is my first slide carb i have ever had, or seen in person for that matter. The servo has the range thats for sure, but the throttle arm stops while the brake arm keeps on going forward, i think it has something to do with the thing on the servo, I'm sorry i forgot the name, haven't done too much R/C in a while. But that "thing" is too forgiving, to say it simpler, if i had a regular servo arm on the servo, everything would be fixed, in terms of full throttle range, i know it would negate any breaking. The range of motion is there, but that "thing" is too forgiving and only pushes the brake arm foward after 3/4 throttle, and leaves the throttle arm at 3/4.

Now that i have explained it 100 ways, all extremely confusing, hopefully someone can help me. Oh, and also, i did screw that plastic piece onto the metal rod that connects to the slide carb, but that barely helped. Thank you for any advice you can offer up. And try to keep the insults on my spelling and total lack of knowledge, to a minimum:D

Well there should be some type of adjustment on the end of the rod where it hooks to the servo arm. You should have some type of collars that you can loosen and move the rod one way or the other. Simply stated the servo is not centered or its adjusted incorrectly. I suggest if there is an lhs nearby take it in there and ask for some help cause you dont want to damage that carb. X

Take the throttle return spring off of the carb and see if you still have the same problem.

I removed mine and use a failsafe instead. There is another place to mount the spring as well.

-Chris

yea, that dam thing is coming off, thanks for the help guys, SHRED ON