ofna .32 in a tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh my revo should of just been a pure basher. now I'm sinking more and more money into it, I'm starting to get scared of sending it over jumps incase i break something...

Ok the eng is in and running, very well I might add, but the only problem I have is the trans won't shift in second gear, I ran it slow and full throttle and no shift.

You'll probably have to lower the shift point due to the big block not reaching the same rpm as a small block. Throw some pics up of that beast!

When you say lower you mean tighten down on the shift point or loosen the shift point. I will post some pics soon

Not sure bro. You might wanna do a quick search or hit the traxxas website to find out for sure.

If the tune is good and the slipper is snug, to adjust for an earlier shift turn the adjustment screw counter clockwise.

Ok got it thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 9:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 AM ----------

IMAG0200.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:25 AM ----------

IMAG0196.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:26 AM ----------

IMAG0198.jpg

Metalhead Matt, thanks for the thanks, but I should be the one thanking you guys, all of you helped out and for thank you to all.

just wanted to jump in here i've the same flm chassis and i'm trying to mount a force 28 in it but i'm haveing a hard time with the flywheel mounting side of things
i've cut down the crank and used the standard flywheel but i need to know what sort of pilot shaft to use
i bought a 2nd force 26 off ebay which was in a bb maxx but theyve used washers behind the fly and it keeps coming loose
if you had some pics or part number of the pilot that would be awesome

just wanted to jump in here i've the same flm chassis and i'm trying to mount a force 28 in it but i'm haveing a hard time with the flywheel mounting side of things
i've cut down the crank and used the standard flywheel but i need to know what sort of pilot shaft to use
i bought a 2nd force 26 off ebay which was in a bb maxx but theyve used washers behind the fly and it keeps coming loose
if you had some pics or part number of the pilot that would be awesome

That's what I did, I have about 5 or 6 shims behind the flywheel, if its coming loose you need to make sure that the brass split cone doesn't extend past the 7mm part of the shaft and make sure that its the right one as far as the fit. All said and done if I did again I would be going with a pico 21. It's a direct drop in, no fiddling around trying to make things fit, and the power is probably the same, this 32 I put in is very powerful its either facing the sky or your ring to keep it strait from all the wheel spin, but it was fun, and a blast when i go flying past every one kicking up drift the entire time its moving.:D

---------- Post added at 2:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:13 PM ----------

nikko thats a nice looking rig

Thanks man, a lot of money in this rig that's for sure.

yeh i had this engine spare from another project so i thought what the hell it chops my maxx with a rb 523
i might change to an ofna 3 shoe fly i've got and see if that makes a difference
also does your front bearing leak coz of the shims the original one did so i put new high speed bearing in and it leaked again,using byron gen2 30%

No, no leaks. I put a buku 3 shoe adjustable clutch on mine and its great, I have it slipping a little at the start, it keeps the rig tame until I give it more throttle. I also have a buku outlaw pipe and its adjustable as well. It's a very sweet set up.

Here it is, I wish it was a bit faster on the top end but it will do for now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7MbTzmvKME&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]T-maxx ss - YouTube[/ame]

I know this is an old post, I'm putting the ofna force 28 in my tmaxx as Iput the 32 in my ofna ultra lx2. so what motor mount did u use,what flywheel,what bell, did u have to cut the crank end down,etc....
please and thank you for your input