HemiStorm's Gelande build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemiStorm

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Let's do this!

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet video can't wait to see what u do with this kit:thumbup:

Not a Rover guy but I will def be watching and learning, since I'm still really new to the scale crawler stuff.

Getting started with styrene, JUST DO IT!

Very nice start on the styrene, I just subscribed. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks guys! :)

Getting the hang of styrene, great fun to work with! Some more progress made. I cut out the grille section, and made a custom grille. Rebadged it, and made the line of the badge surrounding match the topline of the headlights, like the 1:1 version, as the grille sits too high in the RC4WD shell. I didn't feel like cutting up the entire front to fix the issue, and figured this was a nice compromise to solve the issue.

I made a new grille out of styrene, 2mm for the surrounding frame. 1 mm spokes in the center with a cut-up-frying-pan-mesh-thingy in the back. Ruining household items for your RC's FTW!

I also thought the headlights looked a bit too boring the way I had them before, so I added a ring, in which I carved a gunsight type of detail, like a compass too in a way. After grinding the largest corner off the hood to made the edge less square, I think the front is done for now.

I've started on the rear fenders. This is hands down the most fun I had with the hobby in a very long time!

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

headlights.jpg

The badging is impressive, those are some small pieces to work with! The grill looks much better and the headlight rings are a nice touch!

I'm ........speechless........

Glad you guys like it, I'm having a blast with this stuff!

The Kahn Design Defender is coming along nicely, messing around with styrene is much more fun than I ever thought it would be!

looks awesome!!for being a "noob" you have skills and making stuff i can see you making a scratch body soon cuz once u get started it hard to stop with styrene

looks awesome!!for being a "noob" you have skills and making stuff i can see you making a scratch body soon cuz once u get started it hard to stop with styrene

It is addicting for sure!!

Making a custom grille and headlights for your hardbody RC with simple tools? You can! Here is how I made mine.

been following this on youtube... bravo! Thanks for sharing your build :)

Almost ready to lay down some paint on the Kahn Defender!

A very Merry Christmas to everybody! Here is a Kahn Defender update, I hope you will enjoy it. :)

Made a start on the center consoles, the rough shape is there but I need to finish them up. I was out trying to encourage the grass to grow and shot some primer. Tomorrow more sanding, more primer. And coffee. Lots of coffee. In the bottom of the post also a video of the parts before paint.

Rear passengers also need to be climatized. This is a Kahn after all.

7777422A-E37C-495E-A11D-AFD10D606DBB.jpg

The grass in the background. Non cooperating as ever. I love mowing lawns.

E0C0E8E5-EFC2-4D0E-9197-359BD07CBA2A.jpg

A7166AD4-800B-44E5-BBBF-DAB61B6514B3.jpg

50 shades of primer.

1A1915A9-11F3-4CC5-8193-A8B65BE77059.jpg

F10D7963-7D28-49B1-840D-47AA1475C1B7.jpg

EFB18C18-A413-4FED-B228-B6CC9BD4F817.jpg

3A5651D2-5D19-43AE-86B9-8BE9351AF043.jpg

A5D01B6F-7018-4EC8-9EE4-2066F76E0372.jpg