Jato questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to own a 3.3 Jato with a truggy conversion on it amd it looked pretty sweet, as far as my likings towards it, not so much amd heres my .02 why..

1) The brakes incuded from factory are a joke, one great upgrade for them if you can believe it are made by Team Integy. Heard nothing but good on them.
2) The stock trans case is as weak as a newborn child, specifically the ear tabs on top that the shock tower attach to, look at these wrong and itll break... I have heard many good things on upgrading the trans case to alloy just because it wont take and real direct hits therefore being a safe alloy upgrade for such a high speed pig!!
3) Handling is pretty iffy, and the amount of body roll or "sway" is rediculous!! I installed a Traxxas sway bar kit for the front and rear, then handled like a Lamborghini in the Le Mans series. Absolute must have, but if RPM arms are installed they dont bolt up to them and may or may not be able to custom mount them...
4) A plastic roll bar, really!?! This pig does 65+ mph and were relying on a composite RB to keep my rig safe? Wrong, once again another weak spot within the rig that breaks easily... If you hit and break it hard enough you might break the top chassis plate, boo!!

Other than that the Jato is a totally badass truck to bash, amd jumps very nice too!!

And thats my .02, no pun intended.

they are no harder to spanner than most rigs ,I've had one apart many times with no instructions.

what spline count is your spektrum ,I fitted 2 spektrum servos to my n 4tec and used the stock hardware . from memory stock is 26 spline I think

26. I have 23, 24, and 25 spline horns. Forced the 25 on and we'll see how long it is until I strip it.

---------- Post added at 4:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:27 PM ----------

I used to own a 3.3 Jato with a truggy conversion on it amd it looked pretty sweet, as far as my likings towards it, not so much amd heres my .02 why..

1) The brakes incuded from factory are a joke, one great upgrade for them if you can believe it are made by Team Integy. Heard nothing but good on them.
2) The stock trans case is as weak as a newborn child, specifically the ear tabs on top that the shock tower attach to, look at these wrong and itll break... I have heard many good things on upgrading the trans case to alloy just because it wont take and real direct hits therefore being a safe alloy upgrade for such a high speed pig!!
3) Handling is pretty iffy, and the amount of body roll or "sway" is rediculous!! I installed a Traxxas sway bar kit for the front and rear, then handled like a Lamborghini in the Le Mans series. Absolute must have, but if RPM arms are installed they dont bolt up to them and may or may not be able to custom mount them...
4) A plastic roll bar, really!?! This pig does 65+ mph and were relying on a composite RB to keep my rig safe? Wrong, once again another weak spot within the rig that breaks easily... If you hit and break it hard enough you might break the top chassis plate, boo!!

Other than that the Jato is a totally badass truck to bash, amd jumps very nice too!!

And thats my .02, no pun intended.

Plus it sucks to work on.

Pretty simple to work on IMO.

X2 on this, which is a shocker because 9 times outta 10 I dread wrenchin on Traxxas.....

IMHO the biggest pain in the Jato to wrench would have to be the steering setup sandwhiched between the chassis and the deck... Its a real treat replacing the steering servo in those STs....

What are you guys talking about? Any curb hit, you have to tear the whole top plate off, rewire everything, put it back on. You basically have to fix the whole truck if you break a top plate. Oh, guess what? First run I broke a top plate and the bulkhead/skid plate thingy. ALREADY. Now I haven't bought a part for any of my other cars due to a crash in about 2 years. But the Jato, the breaks already failed me and already broke the effin truck in half. Anybody want to buy a jato for $175?

^^^Exactly why I sold mine, too fast of a rig, too weak and too many dollars spent to fix it.....

^^^Exactly why I sold mine, too fast of a rig, too weak and too many dollars spent to fix it.....

It was my dream truck for the longest time. Yeah not anymore.

Haha too funny, I baught mine thinking it was 4wd because of my hate towards 2wd, I was wayyy off... Because the mill in that and being such a small platform is total nonsense...

Haha too funny, I baught mine thinking it was 4wd because of my hate towards 2wd, I was wayyy off... Because the mill in that and being such a small platform is total nonsense...

It's such a waste of time. I hate it so much.

If I keep it, I would need new bulkhead and top plate, receiver back, receiver cover, tires, and brake system. I might sell it. I keep wanting to give it another chance cause it's always been my dream truck.

what does it owe you?
I'm in the market for a project

Let me know
I'm almost finished my n sport project and get bored easy lol

Sold my Jato, the guy left negative feedback because he doesn't know how a OWB works. I told him to squirt some WD-40 on it, but he won't listen and says it just spins.