ofna .32 in a tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
Hi all, I just picked up a .32 ofna eng. Has anyone ever done a conversion like this in a tmaxx, I know its probably going to hurt the drive train but I have everything beefed up so I'm not to hesitant to do it. Can anyone tell me what header and motor mount to use. My tmaxx has the extended FLM chassis and I have the .21 mount that they gave me but I don't know if it will fit the .32. Thanks guys.

WOW thats a big engine for a maxx!

WOW thats a big engine for a maxx!

I know :D, can't wait to get it going . Someone must have done this. I ordered a buku clutch and a buku pipe. This Tmaxx is going to fly.:first_place:

Yes I have a extented tmaxx with axial 32 and it's been running all some I did have to change plastic in trans and beef up the diffs the first time I ran it the clicking in the rear not even halfway down the street but other than that do it and let me know how it goes you won't be dissiapointed

Yes I have a extented tmaxx with axial 32 and it's been running all some I did have to change plastic in trans and beef up the diffs the first time I ran it the clicking in the rear not even halfway down the street but other than that do it and let me know how it goes you won't be dissiapointed

Thanks for the reply, what did you upgrade the diffs too? I have the emaxx diffs in mine. And if you have any pictures I would love to see them.

Thanks for the reply, what did you upgrade the diffs too? I have the emaxx diffs in mine. And if you have any pictures I would love to see them.

I'm new to forum can you tel me where to post so I can post you pics please I searched everywhere and don't know where to post and what I did was use brand new 3.3 diffs and I put shims in front and back bulkheads and been driving a year with no problems at all make sure you beef up trans foc because if you don't you will be changing gears in trans very early in your trucks life with ofna .32 I have one there very torque engine so goodluck with your rig

I'm new to forum can you tel me where to post so I can post you pics please I searched everywhere and don't know where to post and what I did was use brand new 3.3 diffs and I put shims in front and back bulkheads and been driving a year with no problems at all make sure you beef up trans foc because if you don't you will be changing gears in trans very early in your trucks life with ofna .32 I have one there very torque engine so goodluck with your rig

Just upload the pict To Photobucket and then add them to your post on the site, or you can upload them to your profile, if you click on my user name you can see all my picts and stats.
You can set up your own profile on this site its very easy.thanks for your helpwith this project I'm doing.

OK, I’ll post:)

What is it you need to know specifically? The .32 is really no different than any other BB Tmaxx other than engine brand and displacement.

I had/have several t-maxx’s with BB engines, any where from .21 and up.

Well at this point i just need to know if someone sells a specific eng mount for the conversion or do I make my own, I already figured out that the crank shaft had to be shortened. That's about all I need.

The majority of all BB engine will use the same mount as a BB .21 engine will. The only way to be sure is to try the mount if you have it/one or measure the mounting dimensions of the engine. Most manufacturers will include the engine mounting dimensions of their engines in the technical specs and can usually be found on their site somewhere.

I just didn't know if the .21 and the 31 used the same mount, as far as I can see all have to do is make a plate under the mount so I can get some more adjustment that i need. The one thing that I will need some experienced help in is the gearing. I'm not that good with gear ratios and I would like some info for that.

Generally BB engines will put out a lot more torque than a SB engine, but in return they will not spool up to the high rpms that a SB will. Lower rpms = lower top speed with the stock gearing, and More torque = wheelie popping power that needs to be controlled.

I recommend a large variety of clutch bells and spur gears to experiment with if you’re going to go BB and be prepared to spend some cash on upgrading the drive line completely if you intend to run it hard and often.

One of the 1st things you need to determine is what type of clutch to use. Big time torque with tall gearing is hard on a standard 2 shoe 10th scale clutch system and they will not last very long. 1/8 scale 3 shoe clutches are much better suited for BB monster trucks but the large variety of them are available as 1 metric pitch so the spur gear you use will then need to match and fitted to the slipper.

Having a reliable BB Tmaxx is not cheap, so be prepared…

now dont hold me to this but i think all the big block mounts are the same and i know this they go in one way if u put it in backwards it seems like the shaft seems long so u might want to check that out before you cut it,remember big gear big power small gear more speed but i think u will b happy just to keep the stock gearing

Lol, I've already put about 1100. Bucks in this tmaxx, Robinson gears in trany, buku clutch and a buku outlaw pipe and so on. Thanks for all help snookman I'll let you how it turns out.

i have the mip 2 shoe clutch on my rb523 and it hooks up very good

now dont hold me to this but i think all the big block mounts are the same and i know this they go in one way if u put it in backwards it seems like the shaft seems long so u might want to check that out before you cut it,remember big gear big power small gear more speed but i think u will b happy just to keep the stock gearing

I know, I found out they only go on one way after fiddling with for 1/2 hour what a dumb a** I turned out to be. But I hope its put together this weekend so i can see what I'm going to blow up next :D

your getting ready to open up a can of worms,remember bigger is not allways better,sometimes i wished i listened to people when i got in this hobby,its easy to smash up a 200 dollar truck but when u spend 3000 dollars in upgrades not so easy you will c my truck when i figgure out how to send pics

Yea I know what your saying, my tmaxx whent from a daily basher to a shelf queen over night