Throttle Hanging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Good evening everyone. I have a new Revo 3.3. The engine was broken according to Traxxas DVD that comes with the truck. Even during break in the throttle would hang for 2 to 3 seconds before returning to idle. I have went back to factory settings and started with the High speed needle and went to the low speed needle. No matter what I do the engine will not return to idle after I let off the throttle. I was just out trying to solve the problem but a curb jumped out in front of me and i broke an arm on the truck. Anyone one have any ideas how to solve this problem? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Is it mechanically staying open as in the servo not returning the carb to idle or is the engine just staying ramped up with the carb closed? If the throttle servo is not returning the carb to the closed position I would look towards a throttle return spring or looking into the linkage it could be binding up.

I'm right there with rolex and griff but would like to add that a slightly lean hsn will have this same effect,...processs of elimination start with the simplest and work your way through these suggestions

check the carb slide to see if its binding you may have to rotate the carb slightly to get it to stop binding also ,all of which should be done with the engine off.
are you getting the slide to open fully atm?

check the carb slide to see if its binding you may have to rotate the carb slightly to get it to stop binding also ,all of which should be done with the engine off.
are you getting the slide to open fully atm?

I went through this last night when I changed out the plastic throttle to the aluminum one! I hit the gas and it stuck wide open, thank goodness I got it to stop before any damage was done. I had to slightly rotate the carb and adjust the arm on the carb slide. The smallest movement cleared my situation and now it moves freely!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I checked the carb and it does close all the way. I will double check the LSN. While I am waiting for my parts to come in I will pull the motor and seal it up. Once again I want to thank everyone that replied. I will update once the Revo is back up.