carb restrictor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro110

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i'm not sure about this thing,
i just noticed the restrictor can come off, but then its hole isn't centered so how do i go about measuring/adjusting the carb opening screw? depending on what angle i shove in the restrictor, it gives me a different amount of opening. so how do i measure how much to open the carb while viewing through the restrictor if it keeps changing kinda..

When you put the restrictor in, it should stay in place without moving. After you get it where you want, you should adjust the idle stop screw until there is a 1mm opening in the throttle bore when the throttle is at neutral. Then just make sure that when you give it full throttle the bore is open all the way.

candyman is directing u correctly for re-installing it, but why would u want to? What car is it? The RC10GT RTR? If so, remove it, adjust your HSN a little more rich, and you will be very happy with the increased power!

- Anthony

it's just that sometimes when i remove the air filter rubber thing and all, the restrictor gets yanked out aswell :/ so if i don't put it in at the exact same angle, i've got a different opening since the hole isn't centered

i've got the rtr ntc3

Back