KUDO'S to HPI Customer Service!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badsneaker

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I have to admit Wes Mott and Fred Williams at HPI Racing ROCK!! I just got home to find a brand new T15 engine for my Rush Evo waiting for me. I'm not sure if I did something wrong being a Nitro Newbie, but the engine wouldn't start after 2 weeks. A fellow enthusiast determined it was low compression. I sent the engine to HPI and they returned to me a brand new, (including clutch, flywheel, carb, and pull start), T15 engine!

WOO HOO! Talk about excellent customer service. Having been in Sales/Customer Service for over 15 yrs, I find HPI's customer service to be top notch. I am thinking about a Monster Truck, and have NO problem considering a Savage as my next Nitro purchase. I must admit though after purchasing a used RC10GT, I really like that truck as far as Stadium Trucks go!

HPI and fellow Nitro lovers, GOOD JOB at HPI!!! Gold star boys!!

Yea HPI is usually very good about customer service. I called em up cause my backplate broke, and I had a new one in a few days.

That's one of the key reasons I sold my maxx and picked up a savage - HPI is one of those companies that have the quality customer service that's just plain hard to find anymore. That, and the design of their stuff is just plain awesome. I'd like to see a Maxx survive half the stuff at that beatyourtruck site.

yup, sent my engine in with a broken backplate and stripped screws, which i am almost sure were all my fault. They got them out, and sent a new backplate with new screws for free.

Thanks HPI!

badsneaker, had you taken your mill apart before you sent it back to them?...i've been having problems with mine and i was considering trying to send it back but i've already had it all apart trying to find the problem, so do you think they would void the warranty?

well... theres no way to tell really if you did have it apart. its not like a computer that has a void sticker on the back of it if you take the panel off. put the engine back together the way you took it apart and mail it in!! kudos to hpi, for sure.

Well my Rush was about 3 weeks old and would not start. When I called them they asked if the carb was grey like the engine or black. I said grey. They said they had problems with engines with the grey carbs and instructed me to remove the Rotostart backplate and inspect the crank. I sent them a dig pic and he said it looked OK, but to send it in anyways. I stripped the screws and the engine didn't look too good by the time I sent it to HPI. They sent a brand new T15 with Pullstart. I fired her up tonite and ran 2 tanks at idle. (Note to self-don't get too excited and forget to put the glow starter on!!) Did not mess with any carb adj except idle. Temps at roughly 200 before fuel ran out. Ran like a champ, tomorrow I will break it in driving slow for 4 tanks.

The pullstart I feel blows away the Rotostart.

Give them a call, ask for Wes or Fred in customer service. I think its worth the 20 bucks for them to warranty an engine if it will not alienate or piss a customer off.

i have the t-15 with a grey carb also...i wonder what the problems with the crank were. i think I'm definitely going to try to send it in.

Go for it, call them up first for a RMA number. Ask for Fred Williams or Wes Mott. The worst that can happen is they will say no warranty. You'll be out the 5 bucks to mail it.

Whats wrong with yours? No start? How old is it?

well, i bought it back last december, but i just got started breaking it in a couple weeks ago. and i spent a week trying to get it started, till my glow plug was trashed. then i bought 2 mc-59 plugs and got it running for a day, and it trashed that plug, then i put in a new one, and it ran for a few tanks, then wouldnt start the next day, i pulled it apart, cleaned and sealed everything again, and the next day it ran, then by the end of that day the glow plug was trashed. i know my tune is off and thats whats killing my plugs, but the inside of my motor gets all rusty. the crank, the con-rod, the brearing and the starter shaft are all rusty, today i took it all apart and cleaned everything and when i get some new plugs again, ill see if it will run again.

Mine had that rusty look too, I think its fuel. The first engine break in was very rough, I burned through a few plugs trying to get it going.

The new engine started and broke in totally different. This break in is going very well I did not mess with car adjustments at all except for idle. I turned idle down so clutch was engaging just a little. Did not stall or anything. I would not suggest messing with the hi and low carb adjustments until fully broken in.

I think you should send it in.

Back