Front Wheel Drive in PRP Swift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UHFire

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was running my PRP Swift buggy around today on a baseball diamond, having a blast and all, but I noticed my front wheel drive doesn't spin when I give the car throddle - as in when I lift it off the ground, my car is only RWD. Rear wheel drive is working great, and the car is a freaking rocket, but the CVJ arm is still in place in the front transmission, and spinning because the wheels are spinning obviously, but they are not engine powered at the moment - is this a problem with my clutch? Something else? I'm pretty new at the hobby, etc.

Thanks so much,
Ben :coffee:

Attachments

• beforeafter.jpg
    beforeafter.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 111
Either you lost the drive pin in the center-front CVJ, or the gears in the diff wore out prematurely. Call Cameron (me) or Roger at Power Racing Products, 408-988-1188, and we'll get you taken care of. Thanks.

Now that's great customer service! Wagner, my LHS doesn't carry the swift buggy. I have come across more threads here at RCNT than actual reviews in magazines. How can I get more info on this buggy? Spec wise and the like.

Originally posted by Diver6127
Now that's great customer service! Wagner, my LHS doesn't carry the swift buggy. I have come across more threads here at RCNT than actual reviews in magazines. How can I get more info on this buggy? Spec wise and the like.

Give us a call and ask for me, Roger. I can tell you what you need to know, specs, what coming out as for hop-ups, and where you can get one in the New York area. Have you seen N.Y.C. hobbies located in Glendale, NY ? They just opened and talk with Vito :)

Originally posted by HP Invent

Give us a call and ask for me, Roger. I can tell you what you need to know, specs, what coming out as for hop-ups, and where you can get one in the New York area. Have you seen N.Y.C. hobbies located in Glendale, NY ? They just opened and talk with Vito :)

THANKS! That's a lot closer for me to drive to. Only 3 towns away. BTW, already chatted with Cameron on AIM. Gonna also wait for the MT you guys are working on. Can't wait for my tax return to come in!

Also, NYC Hobbies will carry all parts and hopups, correct? Just making sure that I have a place to run too when I break something.

Back