CAN"T DECIDE which MONSTER?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajeauxdn

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Guys I am having a realy tough time trying to decide which truck I want to get. I am looking at the Savage 25, the HOT BODIES dirt Demon, or AE Monster GT. They all seem to have there own uniques things that set them apart! I am only gonna be bashing, what do you guys suggest?

Yeah, that MGT looks damn good. Not to mention that Associated doesn't sell crap, they're known to put out top-notch stuff. I'd like to see some reviews of it.
The Dirt Demon would be my personal last choice, because of parts availability in my area....it'd have to be all mail order for me.

The Dirt Demon seems to offer alot of "Bang for your Buck" (just as many of the Hot Bodies rides) but as Gil stated, its very hard to find parts. I've been thinking about getting one myself. It has some nice answers to the typical MT problems out there but I'm waiting to actually see one or hear from someone that has one.

Your biggest issue with any new truck will be replacement parts, and most new trucks do not have huge aftermarket support for a few months after they have been released. When the truck has been around long enough for a second version to come out, the aftermarket support has usually caught up.

Yes, the three trucks you have mentioned look great, but of them the Savage will have the biggest support base until the other two get the aftermarket companies onboard.

So, do you get the cool new truck or go with something that is relatively established? Tough call, but yours to make. Were the choice mine, I'd buy the Savage and give the two new guys a chance to get established before dropping any coin on them. What's the use of having an RC if it breaks before replacement parts are available? They do make pretty nifty paperweights, but that is entirely no fun.

My friend just got a Savage SS. Pretty nice. If I was getting a MT, thats what I would get.

Back