Hello

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just a quick hello!

Thats it! just a quikie hello?....
Seen some old post with ya involved, glad to see some of those guys around that were here earlier on,...rolex still doesn't wear pants btw

Last edited:
Now lets not scare the new guy away, the closest thing to pants that he owns is his ban stick holster on his utility belt he was issued when he faught in the civil war :hehe: just teasin Ralph!!

Welcome to RCNT friend!

PS- I think Rolex heard me and I hear him strapping the ban stick up! Uh oh! o_O!!

Thats it! just a quikie hello?....
Seen some old post with ya involved, glad to see some of those guys around that were here earlier on,...rolex still doesn't wear pants btw

Sorry, been a bit busy with real life and very little time for my hobbies. Family and military life will do that. You are correct in your observation about old posts. Am one of the old guard founding members from back when WoodiE started up RCNT.

As for Rolex, he has been a strange ranger for as long as I can remember.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Now lets not scare the new guy away, the closest thing to pants that he owns is his ban stick holster on his utility belt he was issued when he faught in the civil war :hehe: just teasin Ralph!!

Welcome to RCNT friend!

PS- I think Rolex heard me and I hear him strapping the ban stick up! Uh oh! o_O!!

Appreciate the welcome...more like a welcome back. Been away for a bit, but may find time to pop in and say hi, more frequently. May also be able to get my RCs out and fire them up...

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

@SkyMaxx - How are you and the family my friend?

@WoodiE family is well. Alanna has recovered from her battle with cancer and my girls are all growing like weeds...one in high school and twins in middle school. Me, still busy...but finding more time for things like hobbies. No promises, but may be around a little more frequently. Will need to get caught up on the latest in the RC world. Have to clean up my buggies and helicopter...and burn some nitro.

Glad to see the site doing so well. Glad to see names I remember and some who still remember me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Skymaxx it's good to see you post, hope you get those rc's going and drop in more often!

@SkyMaxx! I didn't think it was the same person. Obviously @WoodiE has missed making you green.
Good to hear from you and I'm so VERY pleased to hear that your wife is doing good.

Please stop by more often. Seriously. You're part of the ancestry here.
I've started wearing pants again, so the place is almost normal.

@WoodiE family is well. Alanna has recovered from her battle with cancer and my girls are all growing like weeds...one in high school and twins in middle school. Me, still busy...but finding more time for things like hobbies. No promises, but may be around a little more frequently. Will need to get caught up on the latest in the RC world. Have to clean up my buggies and helicopter...and burn some nitro.

Glad to see the site doing so well. Glad to see names I remember and some who still remember me.

That's absolutely great news, glad to hear she's doing so well. I believe I seen a picture of the girls on facebook not to terribly long ago - wow they are growing up quick. You're going to have your hands full! ;)

Any extra time for hobbies is always a good thing and seeing you from time to time can't be beat either! Stay safe and take care man.

Hey Skymaxx it's good to see you post, hope you get those rc's going and drop in more often!

@SMaxxin...will certainly try to...first need to clean out my garage so I can get to my work bench. Used to use the kitchen table, but the wife is having nothing to do with that now...said garage or nothin'...

---------- Post added at 5:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:29 PM ----------

@SkyMaxx! I didn't think it was the same person. Obviously @WoodiE has missed making you green.
Good to hear from you and I'm so VERY pleased to hear that your wife is doing good.

Please stop by more often. Seriously. You're part of the ancestry here.
I've started wearing pants again, so the place is almost normal.

@Rolex...what? Pants? You are wearing pants, now? That's it, I'm outta here. The Rolex I know would never do such a thing...or...at least he would never admit to it. Either you are an imposter or old age has mellowed you out, too much.:D

---------- Post added at 5:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:31 PM ----------

That's absolutely great news, glad to hear she's doing so well. I believe I seen a picture of the girls on facebook not to terribly long ago - wow they are growing up quick. You're going to have your hands full! ;)

Any extra time for hobbies is always a good thing and seeing you from time to time can't be beat either! Stay safe and take care man.

@WoodiE...life has been good and God has seen fit to protect the fine people of Virginia Beach by allowing my wife to keep her life, despite cancer's best efforts to end it. Trust me, the world is a safer place because of that. I am far from ready to be a single parent if three female teenagers...am fairly certain I would have gone off the deep end had cancer won the war.

Will be seeing you guys around...may lurk for a while to see who is who and read up on the latest toys...am still running Mugen MBX-5s and a couple of other buggies...am sure they are considered antiques by now.

Well, yeah, I've mellowed somewhat but there's also that court order thing that WoodiE took out on me.
Where are you these days? Are you out at sea or are you at a home base for a while?

Am at home in Virginia Beach....hopefully for a while. Have passed the 20 yr mark and can retire whenever, but not anxious to try the current economy and job market.

You have the advantage of continued medical as well as PX prices if you retire. That takes a serious load off you.
Your retirement will be on par with a lot of salaries according to the military stats I've been seeing lately.
But hey, you've got the kind of job I would do for a hobby, so go for 30 if it still curls your toes.