Internet speed test

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is in my house, on Verizon FiOS. This is wi-fi too!

3209838702.png

And I got this from the other site you guys tried.

Download Speed: 16573 kbps (2071.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 11975 kbps (1496.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 176 ms
January 5, 2014 at 11:39:55 AM EST

And I thought my internet was average, lol. If you guys have a chance, look up Google Fiber. It is the fastest internet out there. Its only available in a few locations right now though, Kansas City, Austin, and Provo Utah.

https://fiber.google.com/about/

Last edited:
3240304140.png

Nothing much, but it's cheap and reliable..........So far anyway. Changed ISP 2 months ago.

I can't wait until I get home internet, using my phone as a hotspot is a little slow.

3359463414.png

I've come a long way, I finally have some decent internet, hopefully it'll stay that way.

This was my provider at my last house.......................This was when I had to use my cellphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
3144217514.png
3359463414.png

This is my new provider at my new house
3371137872.png

Switched providers.

This test is during a PSN update.
3506826288.png

This test is with nothing else going on.
3506833312.png

Jerk. lol.

What does service like that cost a month?

$30 per month for the first 12 months. Then it's going to be $70.

I was paying $40 for what amounted to 3 mb/s download speed. AT&T can go pound sand.

Good grief. I pay $62.25 for 6gb and thats the fastest service I can get for that price. Huge downfall living in the middle of no where for that reason.

Good thing I love the mountains, I'm on my third provider (and last one available I might add) in less than two years. Still sucks ass, pay for 6mb, get less than half that.

3613099047.png

Gotta love Comcast!

I can't believe how long I suffered with crappy AT&T before switching.

My Comcast also included switching my house phone to their service. I just gave up trying to test it by calling it from my cell phone. I'm sitting at my desk, next to an open window and I can't get enough signal to call the other phone.
In case you're wondering, my cell phone is AT&T and that's the next to go.

Make sure that the string is tight before you try your call the next time, Rolex.

Also the bandwidth on cable broadband is shared and split with however many people are on that particular leg. DSL's bandwidth is isn't shared once it leaves the local TELCO.

Switched providers.

This test is during a PSN update.
3506826288.png

This test is with nothing else going on.
3506833312.png

I just dumped the rented modem/router from Comcast and installed a Netgear modem and a Nighthawk router. Above is the speed test from before back when I first switched to Comcast using the rented unit.

Now here is after the upgrade. Test is on my iMac which is using wifi to connect to the internet from the next room.
4397674748.png

Must be nice. The fastest I can get here is 16 mb/s down and 1.5mb/s up. And this is on DSL. Our crappy little cable company maxes out at 6mb/s when it's working.