I used USPS to ship a package to Canada, was this a mistake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Like the title says, I'm really thinking this was a mistake. Tracking is virtually non existent, for 4 days all I got was left sorting facility in Glendale Arizona, where the parts were bought from. I was excited for an update today but that update was that it arrived in Los Angeles, kind of funny since I live in Ontario Canada which is east of Arizona but my package is travelling west. On top of that 5 fricking days to go one state over! I guess they just plan on shuffling it down the west coast to Canada and let Canada Post bring it across the country which at this point I'm pretty sure I'd prefer.

it should be no issue..but very often its slow and can take 2 full weeks to land here...even if you paid for faster shipping it still can take 2 weeks.......Sometimes they can make it thru sooner, but more often then not its a 2 week process...

That's why I didn't go for the $40 option, no guaranteed delivery time not worth the extra $20.

Ya it takes at least 2 weeks, unless it's here in Canada to begin with.
In the last year I've ordered quite a few things from the U.S and the longest I had to wait was 16 day for the stuff from RC-Monster, both times.

What was strange was my order from Washington (the toyz) went to a customs facility in Ontario before it came to Alberta.

R/C Planet managed to get my order to me the quickest, but just had to try the fastest option at least once.......now I'm over it.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to PM you, I think I've read that you've ordered from Amain before correct. Well I was wanting to get a screw set from Tonys Screws, but the cheapest shipping option is $20. For a $30 purchase $20 for shipping seems unreasonable to me for something so small (I know the the seller has no say over that though). So what I want to ask you is, does Amain have more and cheaper shipping options then that.

I can't find anywhere in Canada that sells Tonys Screws, have you seen them in Canada online anywhere.

Last edited:
Amain uses the weight of the package to help determine shipping cost, so even if it's in the smallest box/package imaginable you'd probably still be looking around $20 American of shipping, if you get they directly from tony screws webpage it's about the same.

Amain has a pretty decent knowledgable staff when you wanna know more about a specific application.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

The last time I seen a tony screw kit online in Canada was an add in kijiji, and it was in a parts bin that came with a traxxas slash. But I haven't really thought about upgrading the screws in any of my rigs, if I see any I'll let you know.

I used USPS once to ship a package to Canada, thanks to them I will no longer ship out of the US. Turned in to a nightmare with the buyer, he accused me of ripping him off, even though I had tracking and shipping numbers as well as receipts, of which I emailed him copies. Still he made my life hell, and claims he never received the package. Never again!

With USPS it’s a gamble even in the states.
Have a look at the dates on this tracking and it tells the tale.
USPS is not my preferred method of shipping...

Tracking_zpsfa535bc5.gif

I used USPS once to ship a package to Canada, thanks to them I will no longer ship out of the US. Turned in to a nightmare with the buyer, he accused me of ripping him off, even though I had tracking and shipping numbers as well as receipts, of which I emailed him copies. Still he made my life hell, and claims he never received the package. Never again!

Your the mod.....Rolex mentioned you when I was trying to buy jose .28 HPI sprint. I would recommend getting the insurance for everything you ship.