New ride

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Speaking of reckless driving...I havent had speeding ticket since June of 1997 but I just bought a new (new to me anyway) car about a month ago and it will be a miracle if I dont get another speeding or maybe even reckless op ticket in this thing lol. I thought I had grown out of that stuff but now I see its just because I havent had a sportcar in a long time. I bought a 2009 Dodge Charger R/T with the 5.7L Hemi. That car gives me wood everytime I get in it. I want to do a bunch of stuff to it but one of the first things I want to do to it is install a Bullydog (or something similar) so i can reprogram some of the aspects of the car. One of the main things I wanna do is disable the traction control (permanently) and get rid of the top speed governer...not that I'll probably ever go that fast but what the hell...its supposed to give you like an extra 35-40HP too from what i understand. I also want to put some new rims on it, some flow masters, cold air intake, and maybe have some airbrushing done to it just to make it stand out more. can't do anything to it until my wife finds work again though...I can't even afford RC parts right now. We got a really good deal on it I though. They were asking 20,500 for it. We talked em down to 19,000 then they gave me $3500 trade in on my old piece of poop 96 Dakota that I ran into the ground (twice as much as any other dealer wanted to give us), then we put 2K down on it so we ended up only having to finance 13.5k. My bank gave me 3.49% interest on the loan so all in all I'm extremely happy with the car and the deal we got on it. As you can tell from the pics, with the exception of under the hood the car look almost brand new. Whoever the first owner was obviously garaged it and took really good care of it. The factory stereo in it is unbelievable too. aside from the normal 4 speakers that most factory stereos come with it has 2 8in subs built into the doors that have enough power to vibrate the rear view mirrors. Heres some pics of it if you guys are interested.

544521_666382216707902_228168376_n.jpg
995185_666382053374585_439249084_n.jpg

1235903_666382056707918_1179485674_n.jpg

526502_666382090041248_2118422790_n.jpg

1185024_666381986707925_306897112_n.jpg

1173590_666382213374569_914854496_n.jpg

That car looks new, congratulations. The first thing i would is upgrade the brakes, the factory brakes are known to fade, especially if you add horse power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride, gotta like that Hemi

Nice gas guzzler ya got there lol

That car looks new, congratulations. The first thing i would is upgrade the brakes, the factory brakes are known to fade, especially if you add horse power.

Nice gas guzzler ya got there lol

Believe it or not Mike it gets better gas mileage than my 96 Dakota's 318 did...Not much better but a little. :)

Good point about the Rotors and brakes Rolex I meant to mention that was one of the first things I was planning on doing because theres already some fade on the front passenger side...not to bad yet but the way I drive I'm willing to bet it'll get worse.

I've looked at a lot of cross-drilled/Vented/Slotted/high performance rotors and brake pads but I really dont know that much about cars. I'm open to suggestions of rotors and ceramic pads brands to go with. One of my friends sent me a link to THIS site. He said he bought a set of cross drilled & Slotted brakes with ceramic pads from this place and they were really good for the money. IDK that he knows anymore about rotors and brakes than I do plus he put his on a jeep not a 340HP Charger so I'm open for suggestions, advice, opinions, etc on both rotors and type of pads to use for my application :)

Also should I be looking at caliper replacements too or the stock calipers most likely fine? I mean its not like I'm going to be full blown racing with it....with the exception of the occassional friendly street race now and again :)

Last edited:
Also should I be looking at caliper replacements too or the stock calipers most likely fine? I mean its not like I'm going to be full blown racing with it....with the exception of the occassional friendly street race now and again :)

If all your looking to do is eliminate brake fade you want to dissipate heat faster, better pads and slotted or drilled rotor will help.

BTW some Jeeps have more than 340 hp :D

You might check out powerblocktv.com. They did a tuner aand a brake upgrade on a police Charger on Horsepower a while back and the parts and the video should be in their online archive.

Thanks guys...I'll check that out Hamz...

My cousins jeep isnt one that has 340+ HP

anyone have any thoughts on the rotors from that site I listed?

They look like a decent set, you should check out the BAER webpage or the BREMO site, brake aren't something you wanna be skimping on

+1. A good set of rotors will cost 200+ for the fronts

Ok so while I'm a huge fan of cool cars I know almost nothing about working on them or tricking them out. So I have really been enjoying driving my dodge charger and while it looks pretty cool just stock from the factory I've seen some that look pimp. Unlike the picture below mine doesn't have a hood scoop, the black grill with the R/T emblem in it (my grill is chrome and the only R/T emblem on mine is on the trunk), the cool ground effects, nor does it have a spoiler on the back. I realize the pic below doesn't have a spoiler either but I have seen chargers that do. My question to you car guys out there is....Can all of these parts be added to my Charger? I realize Id have to have it repainted most likely but Id really like do have some of these things on my charger if its possible.

1382962_698749566804500_681965531_n.jpg

Yip you can, there's probably more than one style if body kit for your car.

Yeah, you can change anything. Check out TBR, they have the best bumpers out there and back them with a lifetime warranty. As far as hood scoop, I think RB Innovations has one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think on the PD Charger build, they put on a Magna-flow cat-back exhaust and EBC pads and rotors. I can't remember the brand of programmer they used or the cold air intake.

Don't forget the RPM arms and bulkheads. :p:

Nice ride Bro only one more thing you need to do .... a short vid of you smokin the tires

you should have bought a red one. LOL LOL yea i ran the early 392 hemis. a million years ago. i and my dad built one and put it in 1959 ply.