eBay Issue.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a decent looking used Jato exhaust for my Rustler and the transaction isn't going smooth at all. I paid for it on Dec 15th and knew that it would take a little longer because of Christmas but I was getting a little aggravated when I noticed that it hadn't been marked as shipped so I contacted the seller on Jan 7th. He replied apologizing and told me that his son had listed items and then didn't ship them. He offered a refund or to ship the next day, being as it was a good price and I wasn't in a hurry, I opted for him to ship it. It's now been 44 days and it hasn't been marked as shipped and he hasn't responded to any of my other messages. I've been trying to open a case but eBay keeps telling me that it's too early to open one and they keep pushing the estimated delivery date back. When I originally looked into it (around the 7th) it was estimated to be here by Jan 15th, then they pushed it back to the 25th and now it's showing Feb 10th.

How can I open a case if they keep pushing the date back? :angry:

Did you pay through paypal? If so you are probably VERY close to the cutoff time, (I think it's 45 days) if not over it by now where you can dispute it and open a case. If you did I would IMMEDIATELY right now, go open a case with pp.

Yeah, I payed through PayPal so I just opened a case with them. Ebay said that it went off of the EDD and they kept pushing it back and not allowing me to open a dispute. Hopefully PayPal will get it sorted, I have until 17 Feb to escalate it to PayPal if the seller doesn't make it right or they'll close it out.......I'm giving him 2 days to respond.

I order everything through PP, they'll get you sorted. What a bummer though!

I'm giving him 2 days to respond.

And then what? I'm not calling you out or anything, just making a point that there's really nothing you can do other than request a refund and/or threaten negative feedback. Only once the outside EDD has elapsed can you open a case that forces action from or against the seller.

If so you are probably VERY close to the cutoff time, (I think it's 45 days)

60 days.

Unfortunately, a lot of international sales have an outside delivery date so far off that you really have to stay on top of things to not miss the narrow window to open an INR case.

I don't know why some sellers jerk people around, not like you can possibly come out on the winning end with eBay & Paypal. It's also not like there's anything difficult about int'l sales; eBay handles everything for you! I've conducted quite a few to CA, AU, GB and IT, all of my buyers had their items within 2 weeks (except the one time Canada Post "lost" the package for a few days).

I dunno. eBay has certainly made this hobby convenient, but at times it is not so. I personally always pay for items I've bought immediately unless I'm bidding on multiple things from that seller that end at different times, and I always ship items I've sold within 48 hours, unless the PO is closed for holiday. Most sellers and buyers do the same, but occasionally you'll get a very slow shipper, a non-shipper, or a non-paying buyer. Always crappy to be on the other end, but what can you do? Some people just suck.

And then what? I'm not calling you out or anything, just making a point that there's really nothing you can do other than request a refund and/or threaten negative feedback. Only once the outside EDD has elapsed can you open a case that forces action from or against the seller.

I'm going to bump it up to PayPal and ask them to resolve it, I was just saying that I wasn't waiting until mid February.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm going to bump it up to PayPal and ask them to resolve it, I was just saying that I wasn't waiting until mid February.

I'm pretty sure it will just kick you back to the resolution center. Remember, Paypal is an eBay subsidiary, basically like what GMAC is to General Motors.

Please get your facts straight, misinformation can cost someone in the end. This is taken directly from pp site...

"You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction."

I got my money back. I gave him the 2 days then I escalated it to a claim with PP and PP gave him until yesterday to respond. He still hasn't responded to any of my messages and I'm guessing he didn't respond the their's either. Doesn't matter anymore...I got the money back.

Glad to hear that man,...who was the seller

Proremodeling, I won't be doing business with him again.

Please get your facts straight, misinformation can cost someone in the end. This is taken directly from pp site...

"You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction."

My mistake, was thinking of how long eBay gives to resolve a cancel transaction case before it is automatically closed. Cancel transaction/UPI as a seller have been the bulk of what I've used the resolution center for. Don't think I've ever had to escalate an INR.

I know I quit selling on ebay because of so many buttholes not paying after buying. Unfortunate that there's not much you can do about it. I set up my account that unless you have 100% buyer feedback you can not even bid, people can be big jerks sometimes! But hey at least you got your money back good to hear that!

Back