Holy poop the NEW Thunder Tiger S3!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Look @ that chassis!!!! :cheers: I love it! There might be nay sayers (there always are) but this is a revolutioary design imo and Thuder Tiger knows what they are doing and tested the poop out of this buggy!

ttrs3.jpg

from source: Radio Control Zone

"Thunder Tiger’s new full-race buggy, the TTR S3, is its most comprehensive racer to date. Among other things, it will feature:

> Front pivot-ball suspension (with swaybar)

> Traditional rear H-arm suspension setup (also with swaybar)

> Graphite upper radio tray

> Polished-aluminum front and rear shock towers

> Constant-velocity drive axles front and rear

> Dual-disc brakes

Its most unique feature is its chassis. The gunmetal-gray anodized chassis is made out of a solid piece of extruded and machined aluminum, and a “tunnel” running down the center makes it extremely rigid. There is virtually no flex; it’s very stout! Overall fit and finish of the TTR S3 are topnotch. For more information, check out “Inside Scoop” in the December issue of RC Car Action or contact Thunder Tiger/Ace Hobby Distributors at (949) 833-0088 or look them up online at thundertiger.com."

Dang HumboldtBlazer,

Why did you have to post that pic, know I'm thinking of selling my MBX-5! That thing looks Awwwsome! The only thing with Thunder Tiger is the parts are hard to get. I owned the S2 pro and nobody local carried parts. Have you heard on how much this beast will cost and when will it hit the streets?

Lessen said:
that looks pretty nice, just another buggy for me to decide on... oh the confusion....

Tru dat. There are so many awesome buggies out right now and a few still to come. It makes it very hard to choose. I want the Xray, TT, MBX-5 Prospect. How to decide!

Here are the hop-up shock towers from TT for the S3
s24.jpg

Here is a shot of the red carbon fiber that is availble for the new buggy also!

S3%202.jpg

Still looking for the actual street price guys........

dang.. that thing looks awesome..

I would call this number for pricing (remeber it will be high as it is a "list price") (949) 833-0088

I just replaced my Pamela Anderson wall paper and replaced it with this! lol
This thing is revolutioary! I will be putting an application to my my wife to sponser me again!!! Dang!! you got me rocking back and fourth looking at this beast!!

That thing must not have any chassis flex. Looks like another top contender!

I saw this a few days ago and I too thing that the design is something. But IMO I do not think it will be practical, but I've never owned a 1/8 buggy before.....So it'll prob. kick-ass. lol :hammer:

Looks like they mostly just built the chassis braces onto the chassis. Everything else seems pretty standard for a new buggy. Evolutionary maybe, but revolutionary? Naa.

cbreaker said:
Looks like they mostly just built the chassis braces onto the chassis. Everything else seems pretty standard for a new buggy. Evolutionary maybe, but revolutionary? Naa.

Please look deeper into the buggy as there are a lot of revolutionary designs in it MR. Naysayer. Um like lets see, the shocks actually go through the a-arms, hmmmm that's a new one. And maybe the whole engine mount design, that might be new also. No other chassis has been lowered to the extreme this one has either, but you say tamoto, I say tomato. I can go to 50 of my posts, and pull 50 comments of yours disagreeing or discounting stuff that I had just posted. Hugs and kisses....

You sure can dish it but you can't take it eh? You do it to yourself man, everytime someone says something that's not perfectly in line with what you think, you make a stink about it.

But hey at least I'm not the one that actually believes that GS is getting parts from some black market and that's why Avenger is late. Hey look at that, I wrote the word Gullible on your mouse.

*whatever* man. I really don't care about you or your little problems.

Every buggy has it's own little differences. Like I said, I think it's evolutionary, not revolutionary. Revolutionary implies something radically different - this buggy still has the same engine, servos, gas tank, shock towers, chassis, stone guards, wing, suspension placement as every single other buggy on the market. It looks very nice, I hope I see one on the track next season.

(I bet you looked at your mouse)

I let everone voice their opinions good and bad. I love to hear different peoples take's and opinions. Yours are just very, very predictable. Think what you want of me I will still sleep very well tonight! Please refrain from baiting me or anyone in a public form. If you want to go at it, please go to the proper place to do it.

Okay so the unnoficial rule around here then is "Don't be predictable or else HumboldtBlazer will bitch at you."

Great.

If you didn't want to start this crap up here you would have used a PM. You busted out with some pretty confrontational words if you ask me.

If you got a problem with someone, being the moderator that you are, you should take it to PM. Which is what I suggest you do if you have some beef.

cbreaker said:
"Don't be predictable or else HumboldtBlazer will bitch at you."

WoodiE, I say we makes that one a rule, I like the sound of it!

I don't have a buggy, but I've never noticed one that had both pillow ball and c-hub suspension... That's one thing I do like about the maxx and savage, any arm will fit anywhere.

It seems like they are mimicking the thought on the Revo with the chassis being more rigid and part of the support instead of just bolting stuff on. Could be a new trend. It probably makes for more expensive machining, but would make for less chassis flex needs and upgrades.

olds97_lss said:
It probably makes for more expensive machining, but would make for less chassis flex needs and upgrades.

My thoughts exactly! How the hell do they machine that out! There obviously must be a away, but does every chassis start out to be like 4 inch thick or what? Is is welded or machined? Either way I bet it does add to the production price. This buggy has been out (not publicy but with pro's testing it) and pics have been out also since Dec/Jan. Who is to know that Traxxas didn't pick up on the REVOLUTIONARY idea. I just love using big words. :smoke:

HumboldtBlazer said:
Please refrain from baiting me or anyone in a public form.
HumboldtBlazer said:
Who is to know that Traxxas didn't pick up on the REVOLUTIONARY idea.

Ahh, good to know.

Moving on....

Did anyone take it for the team and get charged long distance to find out a price? Now I am damn curious!