Why traxxas sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well the title pretty much explains it they suck. I have had my motor for about a year now and it still has great compression but something came loose in the bottom end and now my piston and sleeve are junk. The t-maxx is so brittle if you jump it enough the bulk heads break there just so fragile. My dad won't let me get a SAVAGE I won't to though, what do you think I could get out of my t-maxx on ebay as-is?

If my motors last a year.....I won't be complaining. If the stock parts don't suit YOUR driving style, get upgraded parts. Traxxas does NOT make junk, and that's quite a broad claim to make. I can jump my Revo off a house and it will drive away like nothing happened. T-Maxx is not really a good basher truck. It's kind of an entry level Monster Truck. If you beat it too hard...things will break. Welcome to the world of RC Cars.

My $700+ Truggy snapped a shock shaft.....because I drive like crap. Does that mean it sucks too?

:hehe:

picture.php

Last edited:
If its a good roller minus the engine I'd say around $150.. Depends if you have any upgrades and the condition of your rig...
I've never had a savage But have heard you can beat the hell out of them...
I still like my revos...

You didnt mention what model you have..... but with a blown motor and snapped bulkheads... its worth CRAP.

The motogod is right. The T Maxx is pretty weak if you are bashing hard with no up grades. I also took out a rear diff out on my LST2 bashing hella hard.

I feel your pain, every time I drive my tmaxx 4909 something goes wrong, especially during cold weather (makes plastic brittle)

The whole damn thing is aluminum now...... so guess what....... now the servoes are starting to fail...... after I replace those I am sure the motor and tranny will let go.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with traxxas machines, the tech support is top notch (well at least my experience it is) easy to work on, and as was already stated, t-maxx isn't a good basher, if you want a good basher go with a revo 3.3

THE SUPPORT IS GOOD. i FURGET THE GUY WHO i WOULD ASK FOR. bUT ofna AND losi HAVE GREAT TECH SUPPORT ALSO. Man the Maxx is a PITA compared to the LST2.

No the only thing wrong with it is just the motor so do you think I could get 150$ out of it? Do you guys with the revos really have anything break, I want some thing you can jump my t-maxx breaks every time.

What model do you have??? Do you have any hopups?? We need a little info..

A picture would help us out in putting a price on it..

I haven't had rc for long but I have two revos and haven't broken anything but the wing on the back since I've run them.. They were both bought used and I've been pushing them pretty hard..

Its all going to depend on how you drive.. The best drivers can wreck the strongest truck.. It just depends on what you run into...

Ok first off My wife bashes her TMAXX harder then half the people on here. You can ask Revo rob about that. She just don't care and she has not ever broken anything on it. As for the revos the only thing i have ever broken is a aarm. And as stated above by Botch we need pictures for a claim like this. And also as stated that is a harsh claim without alot of facts.

I paid $170 for my 2.5 Maxx. It was in real good condition. Your Maxx, after beating it like it stole something from you, is worth $50. I'll do ya a favor and get it out of your site. Let's see what's left of it.

At times these RC's can get the better of you, break when you dont need them to break, its just the nature of the beast....I T-boned my buddy at full speed and yes i broke the bulk head and skid plate...I was bummed about it but oh well...the parts cost me $20 shipped to my door and its all good, well almost all good, i need to swap the parts...

I don't know where you guys are getting that its broke, the only thing wrong with it is the motor. I did pull the front drive out of it becuase the diff blew. Here are some pics:
adayinthemud002.jpg
[/IMG]
adayinthemud003.jpg

adayinthemud004.jpg

adayinthemud005.jpg

adayinthemud001.jpg

This is mabye a couple monthes ago but nothings changed on it. It has a waterproof steering servo 2075 and a few odds and ends. And its never that dirty.

Stuff happens for sure. I'll be damn happy to get a year outta any engine. I'm still learning and have done some abusive stuff to my 2.5. All the better for the next engine.

If you are complaining that Traxxas is crap because your motor only lasted a year of bashing....then you should go research some more. Motors die. Fact of life. After so many gallons....the piston/sleeve will simply stop sealing, or your bearings will go bad, or you will break a connecting rod.....pick a piece inside. It has a lifespan. Maintenance helps extend that lifespan....but anything spinning at 25,000RPMs kind of needs to be perfect. If it's not....when it goes...it can take out a bunch of other crap.

It's part of being an RC enthusiast. Just because your motor went bad, that does not equate to Traxxas making crap products. Any guy out here would jump for joy if their motor lasted a full year of RC abuse. Why do you think motors aren't really that expensive? ...and the ones that are really expensive have rebuild kits to keep them going.

Take your 3.3 and send it to Traxxas and use their LIFETIME motor swap program. $80 or so and they will send you a BRAND NEW 3.3 instead of paying $150 off the shelf for the same motor. Hell I can take my old TRX2.5 and swap it for a 3.3 for about the same price. Traxxas has some very good programs and support in place.

Try not to bash people that are helping step up this hobby/sport to the next level.....

What I am going to do it I found a os 18cv-rx for 100 bucks and I am going to buy that and then slowly work and rebuilding my trx 2.5r. Then next time a bulkhead brakes I will buy alluminum to replace the plastic.