1/12th scale VS 1/10th scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubble27

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Mini crt st .5
1:12
4WD
Hyper 12 Pullstart
Scale comparison with crt.5 st 1/8 scale
Length 364mm
Height 140mm
Width 285mm
Wheelbase 242~245mm
Weight 1960g
Gear Ratio 11.498:1
Ground Clearance 45mm
Engine 12~18 Class

DBX/DST
Even tho one looks like a buggy and the other like a truggy they the same size exactly. Only covers are different
1:10
4WD
Length 450mm
Width 326mm
Height 150mm
Wheelbase 299mm
Tread (F/R) 274mm
Tire(F/R) Φ110×56mm
Gear Ratio 10.9:1
Weight Approximately 2,300g (with body)
Engine GXR18 with recoil starter

Do these two cars compare in speed and handling? I think the kyosho might handle better cause of its size but is way slower!

Also on the 1/12th scale you can put a .18 OS engine!!

The .5 is a very strong, very agile truggy that is a lot of fun, and is a great kit to build, although you are talking about the rtr with the Hyper 12.
The OS .18 does pump them up very well, but believe it or not the pro kit with the Picco .12 is faster, unbelievably fast in fact.

The .5 is a very strong, very agile truggy that is a lot of fun, and is a great kit to build, although you are talking about the rtr with the Hyper 12.
The OS .18 does pump them up very well, but believe it or not the pro kit with the Picco .12 is faster, unbelievably fast in fact.

Wow! never knew....how comes a .12 engine is > than the .18?
is it the rpm??

I know this is totally off track but I've decided to go for the Traxxas Jato 3.3

Its a 1/10 scale so its not too big, very fast and even got 2speed transmission. The downer though is the 2WD but hey i dont really mind. Harder to control but cheaper to maintain yeh? :hehe:

Back