Whats the longest you let an R/C stay torn in pieces?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Torn to bits..torn apart...torn down is what I'm looking for. How long have you left an R/C sitting on the shelf..or under a bed...or somewhere in the garage because you took it apart and you lost the pieces before you decided to put it back together? Maybe you lost interest so you shoved it in a big box and stored it in your shop out back. For whatever reason...How long was it in pieces?

I had an RC10 bought in 87' and I bet that sucker was torn to pieces for about 12 years. I took it apart one day....gave it to a friend...he gave it back still in pieces...it stayed in the original box. One day i put it back together and of course some pieces were missing so i said the heck with it. I ended up selling it to diver just to get rid of it. :hehe:

Well, i haven't been into r/c's for a long long time, but I believe the longest one of my r/c's has been apart is 9 months to a year. I had pulled the engine from my savage cuz it blew and never got around to replacing it until about two months ago.

I am on a record for me.. I have a partially torn Savage, GS Storm Pro, XXX-NT front end in pieces and my ONLY car together is my MBX5. I have yet to install the Prospec towers yet but its together. I think its been 2 months now... All these are on my bench. Its pathetic

We had friends visit from L.A. in August and the top of the con rod snapped on my Picco, and my GT's been on the shelf since. :( Just got a P/S, rod, wrist pin and retainers in today, ordered them this weekend. Now and then I would take the wife's GT out and drive it a little . . but . . it's just not the same.

I had a losi JRXT2-pro (I think that's what it was) in peices from 92-2004 so 12 years.....I had all the parts and then some to put it back together....I still have it and it works...probably the most consistant RC I own....other than A-arms getting smaked off from bushes it's still in awsome condition.....right now Everything but my OFNA is in peices....XB8, T-Maxx, my mutant maxx is together but not really race ready....needs some more fine adjusting and redesigning.....YR 4M-2 pro needs rear diff rebuilt..and 3 old JRX2 type losi trucks still in parts.....I'm not as bad off as I thought.....

Right now, the only reason my RCs sit is because of winter. I guess I'm anal enough that once I break one, I fix it right away. I always do a complete disassemble and clean in the winter, but those are already done. And that takes me like 2 days per car so that's it. However, if you're talking about my mini helicopter, well that thing's been in pieces since September. I do have to parts to fix it now, just haven't spent the time on it since I have a Mayhem to spoil me and I just got all my paint equip organized to shoot a couple bodies this week.

I had my Savage completely tore down for a month last fall before I slowly started to rebuild it over the winter. It was not what I consider complete until late January. That is the longest time I had one torn apart.

3 months on my Savage waiting for that 3-speed. Had to put it back together before I lost pieces since the 3-speed is MIA.

about a month I was waiting for some parts that my lhs didnt have.

My savage was apart for a few months once, but my old HPI RS4 3 SS sat for probably 6 months, then I sold it. Now I bought another one on eBay, man I swear this hobby is a disease...lol

my very first RC car from when i was 13 (12 years ago) is STILL sitting in pieces in my parents basement! not because i broke it mind you, it was a tamiya stadium blitzer and i never broke it even once. and belive me i abused the hell out of it. its in pieces because it was raped for electronics to put in my new Traxxas TRX-1 that i got when i was 14. how many of you remember that car?

I have had my T Maxx apart for about a week lol not very long I had taken it apart to clean it and got doing other things.

yeah and I inherited the bone yard....good stuff .......most of it gone now....

Were you the one that bought the big box of remaining parts? I think you bought the roll-bar, but I can't remember what else...

id have to say 4years with my ultima GP that is still apart to this day. I just havnt put it together because i dont want to use it its slow and has no power compared to my 1/8 and MT's

can't remember what it was except a nascar body. Been apart 19 years but still got all of it. except body.

my savage has only been apart for about a week when i do the work on it i try to finish it before the weekend bash.

olds97_lss said:
Were you the one that bought the big box of remaining parts? I think you bought the roll-bar, but I can't remember what else...
no I got everything but the roll bar....you sold it right after made the offer...but I did get the indestructible bumper that has been used to trash my step mothers flowerbed.....

My brother has an orignal rc10 that has been in pieces from day 1. He bought it when it first came out, and its still sealed in the box!

Back