Tower Hobbies Tower Nitro ST-15 w/.15 RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a737mech

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone know about Tower Hobbies Tower Nitro ST-15 w/.15 RTR. Its seems to be a good truck, I would like to get an R/C for my dad For christmas but i do not hace all that much to spend, so i would like something affordable but not a pice of crap ether. It's just for him to run with me when i am there with him. he saw my r/c 10 gt and wanted a stadium truck too.

stick to rc10gt/XXX-nt - i dont see many dealers carring tower hobbies parts instock or even ordering them

I had one, do not buy it, it's very low quality. Save your money and get him something else.

Well what's your price range? If you're on a tight budget, i'd suggest buying online. You can get great prices and unless you buy from a company located in your state, you won't have to pay taxes!

Try looking at www.ultimatehobbies.com and www.meganitro.com They both have very good prices and are very good with shipping.

I agree with what the other people were saying, stick to the RC10GT, or the losi or something. I've seen the pictures of it, and it just looks...funny to me, like something is wrong, it doesn't' look like it would handle very well, just the way the suspension is and everything. And i was looking at the engine it comes with, and even though it's a .15, i can't remember what the stats were, but it was kinda weak. If i were you, i'd go back to www.towerhobbies.com, and instead of getting that truck, i would get the RC10GT RTR Plus. It's about 290 i think, and it comes with bearings. Plus then later it's always easy to upgrade to associatedes team parts because most of them fit right on.

Nick

if you are looking for something cheap , you can try the traxxas rustler and the hpi nitro rush ... they are cheap rtrs that will get him hooked on RC and then he'll buy his own ... its hard for a kid, I'm 20 now and have wanted to get my dad a stadium truck to play with , i just never have the money . maybe this summer i will .

Well then what about a used rc10 gt are something like that around about $150

That should be fine. I've been happy with my RC10GT and if it comes with the pit stuff like a starter and maybee some extra glow plugs and fuel and stuff, then it is a pretty good deal, even without that, for 150 is an alright deal.
\
Nick

how much has the rc10 gt changed over the years anyway ?

Back