Hot Bodies customer service

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZtiD25

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My experiance with HB customer service... Last week I sent back a HB tuned pipe cause it broke right at the post on the pipe where you mount it to the bracket. So I called HB and described to the lady that answered the phone, what had happend to the pipe. She told me to send the pipe to them and they would replace it for me. So I sent the pipe (another $4 shipping), and a week later I got the pipe back, still broken. So that was a waste of time and money. Thursday I called HB and ask to speak to a tech, and she transfered me and I got voicemail, so I left a message for the tech to call me back. Friday afternoon rolls around with no phone call back, so I called them back again. Once again I got voicemail and left another message for them to call me back. After doing this 2 more times the lady told me that he was out evaluating products. I asked her, what do you mean he, Is there only one tech there? And she said yes. HB only has one tech??? I was amazed that a big company like that only has one tech!!! Anyways, today I called again only to get the run around again. Once again he was out evaluating products! So I left the lady my name and phone number to personally give to the tech, and she said that she would definately give it to him and that he would call me today. I told her that I had purchased other HB products and that I was planning on purchasing the HB Dirt Demon in the near future, but not if I didnt get that simple phone call back. Well, needless to say I never got a phone call from HB again, so I guess they dont care about their customers and their products. Pretty sad since I was planning spend $500 on the Dirt Demon, but with customer service like that over a $25 pipe, they definately lost my business. So be carefull buying HB products and expecting decent customer service, cause in my opinion they SUCK big time!!! BTW, I guess this is why it took them over 4 months to get their web site up and running, and it still doesn't have barely anything on it!!! Dont get me wrong, they do have some nice stuff, its just that there is no customer service to go along with their products.:doc:

You might be surprised to know that they are not a big company. But your point on customer service holds true for any business large or small. It is especially important for the "Mom and Pop" sized companies out there, because they can not afford to lose too many customers.

Sorry to hear that your needs were not met. Hopefully, they will fix it in the nearest of futures or they might end up on the wrong side of a bankruptcy buy out.

Companies products are only as good as their service. It's to bad to hear this.

-Michael

Yeah, I was very dissapointed cause I have spoken very highly to alot of people about there products (up until now). Like I said ^^^ they do have some hot products, but the customer service needs to be there also to support their products and customers for that added piece of mind.

So I take it I shouldnt expect a callback any time soon about their shocks?!?!?!

THAT SUCKS!

There is nothing worse than getting the run-around. At least if they were honest and up front about it then its not so bad. But open ended promises of callbacks bite the big one!

Dont hold your breath:ball: Whats up with the shocks?

Just didnt come with what it should have to mount them properly on top. No standoffs for the bottom. Lower spring retainers needed to site higher like the stock if no standoffs. Rod ends are weak. Not a MAJOR bitch but still made me have to take a second run to the LFHS. Not like I mind.......

I have talked to "Alvin" twice now. Alvin, (909) 296-9340 extension 115 is the only Hot Bodies Tech, this is true.

Where is FastEddy? He's in LA. Where is Hot Bodies? Someplace in California. Why is Eddy in LA? The RC Expo. Where do you think a tech from a California RC company might be "out evaluating products"? Hummm... you think maybe he's at the RC Expo in LA? hummmm...

Don't write off HB Customer suport just because you called at a bad time. Evertime I've called (not durring RC Expo) I've gotten quick, fast and friendly support. These are good people.

I would not be surprised if Avlin calls you back after he gets back from RC Expo.

Last edited:
I disagree NR. If that was indeed the case then why would they not just tell Twiztid that he was out of town, and she would have him call when he got back? Don't tell me someone will call me back today when you fully know this is not going to happen. There is no excuse for bad customer service. Customer service is just as important as the product as far as I am concerned.

Sorry to hear about your problems Twiztid, hope you can get it taken care of.

NoviceRob - While I agree its possible to contact someone at a bad time, from the way I read it. This problem has been going on for more then a week.

I do hope all this is, is just that...bad timing.

-Michael

I mean being in CA and all, I would imagine that it wouldnt be hard to find someone to fill his spot while he is gone (if he is gone). I am sure people would jump to the opportunity to be a HOT BODIES technition, even if it was for a week or so. If HB was your company, would you let it stay open for business with nobody in the tech dept??? I wouldnt. I still think their customer service SUCKS!!!:sniper:

I had a bad experience with their steering knuckles drilled wrong and shock tower hardware that was hollow I got so mad on the phone with HB I just hung up and called Tower (where I bought them) and exchanged them that way. They just kept telling me at HB it wasn't their fault yada yada! NO HB for me!

I didn't want to see a "trash HB thread" go down without someone pointing out they had a good experience. Two week ago, I had no problems what so ever. I told the technician I was missing parts and he sent them right out at no cost to me.

I hope this is just growing pains and not the begining of the end for HB. They seem to put more money into their products then into their wallets and that's a plus in my book.

In all fairness I just went to HBs website. My intent was to send them an e-mail and invite them to join our discussion.

I'm not sure but they don't even have an e-mail addy listed on their site. Did I miss something?
No tech support links, contact us by e-mail, company info, and no 800#
Great way to represent your company to the wourld.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net

Damn I had to do a whois to get this info

Registrant:
rickys rc car
27469 colt court
temecula ca, ca 92590
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: HOTBODIESONLINE.NET
Created on: 22-JUL-02
Expires on: 22-JUL-03
Last Updated on: 22-JUL-02

Administrative, Technical Contact:
george, Yuko [email protected]
rickys rc car
27469 colt court
temecula ca, ca 92590
US
909-296-9968
909-296-9343

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DOMAINHOST.COM
NS2.DOMAINHOST.COM

Also he owns this shop
http://www.rickysrccar.com

go email him and tell that George Yuko guy to come chime in.

Hey NR - this isnt a trash HB thread - we are just discussing our opinions of current tech support incidents as well as current product aquisitions. I think we can ALL find something bad about every manufacturer out there.

This forum is intended to share opinions and thoughts regardless if they are negative or not.

I have PLENTY of positive experiences with HB as I am sure others have too :radio:

There are some funny things about HB. All of their stickers and books have printed:

http://www.hotbodiesonline[b].com[/b]

But that website is not hot bodies. It is weird. I think Hot Bodies is a small company that is growing quickly and hence having a few problems here and there.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Originally posted by NoviceRob
I didn't want to see a "trash HB thread" go down without someone pointing out they had a good experience. Two week ago, I had no problems what so ever. I told the technician I was missing parts and he sent them right out at no cost to me.

I hope this is just growing pains and not the begining of the end for HB. They seem to put more money into their products then into their wallets and that's a plus in my book.
They do have excellent products, but as far as more money into the products than their wallets... come on think about it, there is like 2 people working there. Someone is cashing in big time. If they pulled out their wallets and hired more people to answer phones, that would only back their products even more which = happy customers, which = even more money in that wallet.

• :OT: Now this is a great example of excellent customer service...
fc331bd3.jpg
About a month ago I broke off that weak brass screw that holds the CB on the stock .21 savage crankshaft. I called HPI, they told me to send it to them, so I did and that picture is what I just got back. Looks like a new crankshaft!!! HPI gets two :thumbsup: from me. Thats what its all about, backing your product and taking care of your customers!!!:banana:

UPDATE... almost a week has gone by and still no phone call from HB. I've been trying to call them back, but their phone has been busy for the last few hours. GD!!! WTF!!! :flaming: :microwave