Drove RC straight into the pool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M Shark

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, anyway I bought a Dromida 1/18 scale buggy and was playing around with it with my puppy and he chased the thing like there was no tomorrow.

Anyway, I got a little carried away and started to run the thing full blast in the back yard to see if I can pull away from my pup who was always catching up with it and it slammed right into the pool.

I immediately dove in to get it, dried it out good, used a leaf blower at first then a hair dryer.

After all that was said and done the motor is still working fine but the steering has gone caput. It still runs forward and reverse.

The vehicle description says it's waterproof.

Any advice?

Sounds like you could need a new steering servo or you lost a channel on your receiver. Does the servo twitch at all when you input steering?

Nothing. The buggy didn't even spend more than 10 seconds in the pool. The receiver and servo are supposed to be waterproof. So it beats me why the steering would go out.

I'll probably call Dromida in the morning to sort things out. They have a 90 day warranty.

That's probably a good place to start.

Unfortunately waterproof is a misnomer. It really means water RESISTANT. I know that some companies won't do warranty service on a rig that's been submerged. The waterproofing is for more splash resistance than anything else.

Like Rolex's gripe about the "A" word, this is my pet peeve as a former electronics tech.

Unfortunately waterproof is a misnomer. It really means water RESISTANT. I know that some companies won't do warranty service on a rig that's been submerged. The waterproofing is for more splash resistance than anything else.

Like Rolex's gripe about the "A" word, this is my pet peeve as a former electronics tech.

This is true......waterproof gets thrown around way to much in rc theses days.

Same here man, I'm also only water resistant. I can get splashed/wet and have no issues but I stop working if I'm submered too long.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk