Revo BB conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincemaxx119

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently got the BB conversion from Traxxas. I'm trying to install the Mach 26. First I found I had to remove the pullstart. No biggie there, now I'm not sure what it's called but there is some type of nut on the backplate which is used to turn the crank when the p/s is pulled. Well that nut is making contact with the suspension arm, and I'm not talking just skiming it, it literally stops the arm from compressing any further. I was told to dremel some of the arm away. I was hoping there is an alternative because I am going to bash it and I don't want to make a weak spot in the rear A-arm. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
that nut is the one way bearing.. you need a different backplate, made for a start box, that has no one way or shaft sticking out..

edit: checked google.. your engine is like mine with the one way bearing inside it and that nut on a shaft sticking out.. you should still be able to find a backplate made for a start box though that does way with the nut and shaft

Last edited:
try a backplate for a xtm 24.7 they are much smaller thats what I had to do to get my sh in my lsp.

If you could actually take a pic of it that would help much more.

ill get a pic a.s.a.p., thanks guys.

That nut is actually the starter shaft going inside the engine to the one-way bearing. You shouldn't run that engine like it is without the pull start housing on. The nut (shaft) isn't permanent. It will fall out and you will have a big gaping hole in the back of your crank case.

Back