2.5 vs 3.3 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSnarf

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I might be getting a revo 2.5 soon for a good price and i was wondering what if any are the differences from the 3.3 besides the engine? I'm not really concerned about engine differences because i would more than likely get a different engine anyway.

I am pretty sure the tranny is different on the 3.3 as well. It was made beefier on the inside to handle more power.

I am pretty sure the tranny is different on the 3.3 as well. It was made beefier on the inside to handle more power.

i've been comparing the blown apart views of the 2.5 and 3.3 and it doesn't seem that the internals of the new tranny are any different.

most of the changes besides the added length are very subtle. If your getting a good enough price you could get that 2.5 and if you wanted the bigger engine you can do that Traxxas trade-up with the engine and get the 3.3 engine for like half price.

cool, my buddy at work has like 10 or more rc's and he decided he has too many, he has like 2 or 3 revos, 3 mgts, a savage, a xxx-nt, a rc10t4, a mugen seiki buggy, one of those big ol' cen monster trucks, and some others too. So I was asking him how much he'd let his 2.5 revo go for... 250, with a bit of upgrades already done, and don't even ask, I already got dibs on it :D

Longer chassis, longer center/front skid, longer front center axle, longer steering servo linkage.

$250 for a stock revo still isn't bad. If it runs. Although, I'd be hitting him up for a savage or MGT, not a revo... but I'm a basher.

I'm a basher also and I love my Revo. The 3.3 does have a longer chassis. It also has a slightly different tranny case so the center diff and rear brake can be mounted.

Back