savvy or revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revorace

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
the never ending debate continues...
on my side revo 3.3 p00ns any savage because a savage is just a block of rolling metal which really slows u down and savvy can only go like 35-40 where my revo goes 50 with NO mods. 55 with a spur gear mod. savvy can't race for its life and from what I've heard savage has a high center of gravity making it very unstable

There shouldn't be much of a debate, seeing that they are two totally different trucks. The Savage has never been considered a "race" truck.

Bottom line is what you expect to accomplish. Like broken said, Sav's not a race truck. Not designed to race. It's designed to be a nearly-bulletproof basher. And it fits that bill exceptionally well. The Revo is far better suited for racing. They are definitely 2 different trucks.

revo owns savvy no matter what situation i have one, and i have a savvy my revo walked away with a clean sl8 as to my savvy broke both back a arms after a b flip and i landed on the front thats how heavy it is

Never endin savage and revo compare...

Revo is more of a Racer/Basher, as for the savage is more of a BASHER(very solid truck). That why that question come up, when people ask what are you lookin for in a truck...? If u wanna faster savage, you put a stronger power plant in it!!! Got 2 savage with O.S .30vg in them, and i am very satistfied with them...ONE AGAIN...to each are own. Cuz the revo is one hell of a good truck too!!! ANYWAY...

I own 3 nitro trucks, Savage 25 Savage X and a Revo with an os18tm, and it seems like every time I go out my revo begs for mercy when it I bash it.
I couldn't keep the thing together if my life depended on it.(I love driving this thing! It just hates me..)

Now, as far as the savage goes..
Even though I haven't ran either of mine yet*Sigh* The thing really is built like a tank, and seems like it will be a very capable basher!

Well, just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this comparison of apples and oranges. Hope you find what you need!

Last edited:
It sounds like you have answerd your own question. The revo is a great truck, and with a couple of upgrades you can make it a very capable basher. I have buil a basher and a racer. If your looking to get a racer out of a revo thought, your better off going with something like the losi 8t rtr. It cost alot to make a revo a capable racer. As for bashing, throw some rpm arms on that sucker, and have fun.

Bryson

P.S. If your looking to get a revo I have one for sale that has all the popular and necessary upgrades already on it. :thumbup:

revo owns savvy no matter what situation i have one, and i have a savvy my revo walked away with a clean sl8 as to my savvy broke both back a arms after a b flip and i landed on the front thats how heavy it is

If you've already formed you own opinion, why do you feel the need to ask ours? :shrug:

walked away with a clean sl8 as to my savvy broke both back a arms after a b flip

We do not use chat room talk here. It's extremely annoying. It takes longer to figure out what you're saying if you don't write it correctly. A lot of members will ignore your posts if they have to interpret them.
What's an s-l-8? should I think it might be another type of monster truck, or should I try to figure out what it might mean in chat lingo?

We do not use chat room talk here. It's extremely annoying. It takes longer to figure out what you're saying if you don't write it correctly. A lot of members will ignore your posts if they have to interpret them.
What's an s-l-8? should I think it might be another type of monster truck, or should I try to figure out what it might mean in chat lingo?

I completely agree!

I hate reading 1337/chat speak, heartbreaks Sig is great!

Ok I see everyone let it slid but I call BS...Your stock Revo is not doing 50 mph. Your first post you said you herd the Savage was top heavy but in your second post you claim to own a Savage...Stop lying. Like many others on here I have owned them both...the revo 2.5 and 3.3, the savage SS4.6 and Savage x 4.6, the revo will win on a track, the Savage with the three speed tranny will run close to the Revo in a straight line...comes down to tuning IMO.

As for being tough...I drove my SS 4.6 into a 12" pole at well over 30 mph, it bounced 5-6 feet back and kept on going, the Revo can't take that type of abuse.

If you want to beat on a monster truck buy a Savage, if you want an MT that can race and bash buy a Losi!

Last edited:
Ok I see everyone let it slid but I call BS...Your stock Revo is not doing 50 mph.

i have to agree , my revo hits tops of 47 mph , with a picco .26 and dynamite 053 pipe running a 19/36 gearing , my friends has a picco.28 p3 and sidepipe and he get 58 mph , but stock i highly doubt it also, unless you are going downhill all the way .We are using a bushnell radar gun also , and its very accurate.

i drag raced my friends savvy and revo accelerates way quicker and any way u have to buy a 3 speed tranny

I'm a revo owner and I love it.

I can throw on T-maxx treads and jack up the ride and its a monster and then throw on some bowties and lower it back down and it fly's.

Id say revo. You definately wont be dissapointed.

Revorace, I REALLY don't understand why you made this thread.

A Revo is better for racing and all around speed...

A Savage is better for bashing and run-it-over-with-a-truck toughness.

Back