Trying a new hobby......but!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoz

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How do you guys with a girlfriend or wife, let you spend hundreds of dollars on these??? Mine says you don't need to spend 500$ on a toy!!! I say babe I can afford it, and its not a toy it looks like a badass hobby which I need a new hobby......she says no. ...but definitely think I'm getting one..... Any help?

How do you guys with a girlfriend or wife, let you spend hundreds of dollars on these??? Mine says you don't need to spend 500$ on a toy!!! I say babe I can afford it, and its not a toy it looks like a badass hobby which I need a new hobby......she says no. ...but definitely think I'm getting one..... Any help?

Easy..... There are these things called balls. Sometimes they are spoken of metaphorically, sometimes literally. When a boy reaches a certain age, they descend between a his legs, thus signifying that he physically has become a man.

Now. Sometimes when a man discovers a mate in the wild, and after all other ways of swaying the mate to his side are exhausted, he mistakenly gives up said balls for companionship, and a chance to do stuff to her. Once the balls are given away, it is extremely difficult to get them back as the receiver of the balls has now absorbed the powers that these mystical objects contain. There are two different off-shoots of these mates: the hoarders and the displayers. Hoarders usually hide their newly received balls such as in a handbag or in a purse, rarely retrieving them to show the man that he/she is still in charge (as the keeper of the balls is always in charge). The displayers will present the balls whenever possible, usually hanging from the rearview mirror of their automobile.

But sometimes, juuuuuust sometimes, the man is able to retain just a sliver of his original balls, which can over time, and with much love and nurturing, begin to regrow, or replicate if you wish, into a new pair of balls. Sometimes the sliver of balls is just not strong enough to undertake the extreme endurance required to re grow a new set, so it must exhaust all energy in retrieving the lost set given away in the beginning. There is one week out each month that this task is possible as the mate is bleeding, bloated and weak. But one must be careful as to not get too close, as the horror that can only be described by its initials, PMS, can erupt in an emotional explosion which can either be violent, or extremely depressing. In either case, the man has regained his manhood, and his decision making ability.

Sometimes this ends in a separation of the man and woman for a brief, or long period of time depending on how the man chooses to utilize his freshly retrieved powers. But if the man wishes to ever be able to look himself in the mirror with no shame, it is a chance that must be taken.

So in conclusion....... Grow a Pair. :D

And the post of the year goes to..... Alpinehyperlite!

Tell her your getting into a hobby but she gets to choose which hobby you get into....rc's or strip clubs?

She'll just want to go with you if you use strip clubs. You have to choose a boring pass time like.......cricket, where nobody know what going on, except those damn little sticks

Is actually very simple. If you want it, you have the money for it...then just go buy it! Your time, your money..no need to ask.

And yes, i'm married, for 24 yrs. now.

Is actually very simple. If you want it, you have the money for it...then just go buy it! Your time, your money..no need to ask.

And yes, i'm married, for 24 yrs. now.

Thats pretty much how it is for my wife and I..if we want it and have the money for it we buy it. There are too many other things to worry about!

Happily married for 19 years

Ask her whether she would prefer an RC or a mistress. Usually the RC will win.

Alpine that is awesome bro!!!

My wife had an issue with my "toys" when we first were married. When we were dating, it was no big deal because our money didn't cross paths. As soon as we were digging out of the same pot, things got interesting. Many discussions, arguments, and drama ensued. Not to bore you with the details.. but the two things came from them... one, was that if she forbid me to do the things I loved I would grow to resent her. The second was we would setup a budget.... basically what we can afford after bills and savings was deposited into an account 2 times a month... every pay period... that I would have full control of. If there is money in the account then I can spend it as I wish. As soon as the money is gone... its gone until I get paid again. This has worked out well for us so far. This way she isn't calling me into the office to ask me what a charge in the account is for... and I don't have to answer those questions anymore! :D

Now some may see this and accuse me of having no balls... and maybe there right.. but I don't subscribe to the fact that I have to "tell" my wife how its going to be to get what I want..... at least not without full catchers gear on! LOL!! It may work for some and that's great. I can tell you this about being married though.... If momma aint happy nobody is happy.

Tom

Last edited:
Well, Tom, it sounds like you're still the registered owner of one of them.
Way to go!!! They were meant to be shared. :hehe:

Now some may see this and accuse me of having no balls... and maybe there right.. but I don't subscribe to the fact that I have to "tell" my wife how its going to be to get what I want..... at least not without full catchers gear on! LOL!! It may work for some and that's great. I can tell you this about being married though.... If momma aint happy nobody is happy.

Tom

The best way to still have your balls and protect them at the same time.:D That is what me and my wife do I put a certain amount each paycheck into a seperate account in a seperate bank for my play/hunting fund and it really keeps the peace.

Well, Tom, it sounds like you're still the registered owner of one of them.
Way to go!!! They were meant to be shared. :hehe:

Rental agreement. It's like enterprise for nuts.

Rental agreement. It's like enterprise for nuts.

LMAO!!! I only need one to get the job done right?! :D

And Alpine... I am just curious... and you don't have to answer, and I am not calling you out by any means, and mean no disrespect... but you are a recently married man. When you want to buy something, RC or for the Jeep, do you just tell her you are going to do it? Do you just do it and worry about her reaction later? Or are you one of those guys that has a girl that just doesn't give a rats ass how or what you spend money on? And if it is option number 3 I am extremely jealous, and you are the luckiest man on earth! :D

Last edited:
Nah, I'm a pretty open book. Not much shame here. I work my ass off for the things that I have. Flat out, We both work full time at .gov jobs. But, I make more than her. I cover about 90% of the household bills every month. She has student loans and I don't. So she really has no choice but to accept what I do with the extra money that I make, especially when I get her things she wants too. I also cover all food costs, cell phones, and most clothing expenses. We have no kids, so she can't use that as an excuse. Basically, as long as she can eat, she is happy. Lol plus we are really cheap. Neither of us enjoys partying in bars or whatnot or doing things that cost a ton of money. We would much rather have a group of friends over to the house to sit around the fire pit and relax with a few beers, than go out to a club and get a $250 bill for a few drinks.
With that said, I have always been extremely responsible with my money. On a LEO salary you kinda have to. I plan out what I want to get way before I make purchase. Sometimes the plan doesn't always work out as expected, like with the upgrades to the jeep. I've always run across really good deals on the stuff I've bought for it though.

We were together for 4 years before we got married, and she lived with me for majority of that. (I worded that properly, she lived with me, as I covered all living expenses while she was in school and was getting started in her career). She knew exactly what she was getting into when she said "I do." I know I might sound rather assholic about the whole money situation, but I just keep it real. I provide a non glamorous, but comfortable lifestyle for the both of us, and if I want to work an extra 30-40 hours per week to get myself things that I want, the so be it. She nor anyone else has the right to stop me.

Nah, I'm a pretty open book. Not much shame here. I work my ass off for the things that I have. Flat out, We both work full time at .gov jobs. But, I make more than her. I cover about 90% of the household bills every month. She has student loans and I don't. So she really has no choice but to accept what I do with the extra money that I make, especially when I get her things she wants too. I also cover all food costs, cell phones, and most clothing expenses. We have no kids, so she can't use that as an excuse. Basically, as long as she can eat, she is happy. Lol plus we are really cheap. Neither of us enjoys partying in bars or whatnot or doing things that cost a ton of money. We would much rather have a group of friends over to the house to sit around the fire pit and relax with a few beers, than go out to a club and get a $250 bill for a few drinks.
With that said, I have always been extremely responsible with my money. On a LEO salary you kinda have to. I plan out what I want to get way before I make purchase. Sometimes the plan doesn't always work out as expected, like with the upgrades to the jeep. I've always run across really good deals on the stuff I've bought for it though.

We were together for 4 years before we got married, and she lived with me for majority of that. (I worded that properly, she lived with me, as I covered all living expenses while she was in school and was getting started in her career). She knew exactly what she was getting into when she said "I do." I know I might sound rather assholic about the whole money situation, but I just keep it real. I provide a non glamorous, but comfortable lifestyle for the both of us, and if I want to work an extra 30-40 hours per week to get myself things that I want, the so be it. She nor anyone else has the right to stop me.

Like I said... not calling you out, and meant no disrespect. I too work a modest government job and need to be responsible with my cash. I am in the opposite situation... my wife makes more than double what I make. Now before we were married I owned my own home (all 1000 sq ft of it) and she owned her own home. When we got married I sold my house and moved into the house she had built on her families farm. My wife is a type A personality. She prefers to keep a tight leash on the bills and she handles most of the finances. Not that she won't let me... but she would rather do it, and I would rather let her do it. She doesn't hold the fact that she makes more than me over my head or anything but I'll be honest... my paycheck just allows us to live more comfortably... hers pays the bills. I wasn't always responsible with my money and when we were first married and had no kids... I got a little free with my spending and when our kids came along and things got tight... my spending became more of an issue. Getting the hobby account established has helped me not only manage the expenses better, but I got real choosy how I and what I spent my money on which is a good thing as I tend not to blow it so easily.

not a big deal. i just go and get what i want. the bruises heal in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.