Small Breed Dog

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to get a dog for inside the house. I had a mut Austrailian Cattle dog at my moms, i recently moved to my dads. HE HAS NO DOG, only cats. I talked it over and there might be a possibility for a dog. I want to get a smaller dog. At most shin height. No poodles. I want it to be longer haird, not short stiff hair. Keep in mind house dog...

Any ideas as to which breed to get?

P.S I really like the Carin Terriers.

Get a daushhound Miny (weinnerDog)..
I have one... and is great with kids and my boxers

There cool i want something a little bigger though. My neighbor had one and he wasn't very friendly, he was really independent...

Arent they similar to docksons?

we had a schnauzer (mini) and they are great dogs.. very smart, and best of all THEY DONT SHED!!! but you have to take them and have them groomed.. i have a wiener now but its a short hair.. you can get then in long hair..there great too and oh the joke that can be made.. heres a pic of my wiener.. (see already starting with the jokes lol)
DSC00321.gif

also had a yorkie (looks like a walking dust mop..) very small dog if you need small..

How 'bout a Jack Russel? They can be a little high strung though.

In my experience, Cairn Terriers and Jack Russels are total psycho dogs. The are very active and may be difficult to contain. The nicest small dog I've ever been around is an old girlfriend's Pekinese. No, it's not a totaly foofy dog. And he was incredibly trainable. Liked to play, but was really like a big cat with dog genes. He was pretty cool. Too bad she was an assbag.

How about a Pomeranian

My folks have a (excuse the spelling) Shitsue.
Shin high, long hair, non alergenic, no dander.
Very well mannered dog.

Last edited:
We have a Border Terrier that is friendly and good with kids. He does need his exercise to burn off energy as most Terriers do. He is also extremely smart. He also has a liking to chew and consume certain types of plastic. Balloons are his favorite snack and has accounted for at least one trip to the vet after consuming 18 large ones.

Another vote for Dachshund, I have two of them - awesome lap dogs, and very intelligent!

Dogs_02-09-2005_08b.jpg

212_helicopter.gif

jetmechG550 said:
How 'bout a Jack Russel? They can be a little high strung though.
this is my vote too...if you like to take your dog w/ you when ever you go out these dogs are awsome......I had one in NY and used to sneak him on the subway w/ me all th etime.....take a bag of ballons to central park and blow one up let him chase it all over the meadow.....he'd keep it off the ground for a while, when it did pop he'd pick it up and carry it over to me and want another...I'd usually only do 3 before he was ready for a nap....and it got all that spaz energy out of him.....

We have a Rat terrier (Like "Wishbone") and hes really awesome. The dog has the best personality and is just funny. Plus its REALLY smart. It does have lots of energy, but also likes to lay on laps. Thats what Id suggest.

yea i would also say a beagle but i have also had a rat Terrier and he was hyper also but you get used to it...

Parents just bought this little beast. Its part chiuaua and poodle. Its know as a designer dog.

puppy.jpg

If intersted I have more pics of it. I could post or email them

sLY

Eskimo Spitz gets my vote. I loved mine.
Also a border collie is a smaller dog and very intellegent. We picked one up that was about to get hit in the road once. I really liked that dog. Tried to find the owners and was about to keep him myself. Might be bigger than what you are looking for though.
I'm a laid back guy, and I couldn't stand to have a Jack Russell. Too hyper of a dog for me.
http://www.akc.org/ Check out the kennel club sites. This one will give you info where you can make your own decision as to what you are looking for.
Good Luck. :cheers:

Candyman said:
The nicest small dog I've ever been around is an old girlfriend's Pekinese.

My mum had once of these.....she called it......Barnaby......it looked like a mini-chewbacca, it smelled and had a really bad temper. Yeeeesh hated that dog. (It adored my mum though.)

I love finnish spitz..Thats more of the size I'm looking for...

Back