CyberMaxx questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadds

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys, I'm still a newb, I've only had my Maxx about 2 weeks now. Already have broken a few things, front bumper, front skid, battery box, gas tank, etc. These weren't hard licks that broke these parts either, but I'm planning on doing some harder bashing after I get a few more tanks through...I was considering selling the Maxx, and getting a Savage just to get the better durability, but I've already made some upgrades to the Maxx, so it was either lose money selling my used Maxx, or just spend some more money and build a CyberMaxx. :whhooo:

I'm planning on going with the full CyberMaxx kit, and I'm also gonna get the 2.5 motor mount for now. Not quite ready to give up on it, but it will be nice to already have the chassis when I am!

Now for my questions...besides the CyberMaxx package, and the 2.5 motor mount, is there anything else I need to complete the conversions?

Next, will I see a major performance difference in the truck because of the added weight? I'm definately gonna get a big block eventually, but I would like to try to get my moneys worth out of the 2.5 first.

Next...I see that it says the CyberMaxx kit eliminates reverse, do I still need the Traxxas FOC kit, or does the CyberMaxx come with there own version of FOC?

Also, all of my suspension parts are stock, shocks, A-Arms, bulkheads, etc. Can all of these stock parts be used on the CyberMaxx until I break them, or do I need to immediately do some suspension upgrades?

Lastly...I'm not totally set on the CyberMaxx, if any of you have any other suggestions you'd like to throw at me, feel free. I do like the cage idea of the CyberMaxx kit though. Thanks a lot for any help! This is a pretty big purchase, and I want to make sure I do it right.

Chad

You could just get the RC Solutions cage that fits on the existing chassis. If offers excellent protection without the expense of the full conversion.

Here is a pic of my cage before installation.

2150assembled_cage-med.JPG

Originally posted by robmob
You could just get the RC Solutions cage that fits on the existing chassis. If offers excellent protection without the expense of the full conversion.

I know I could do that, but eventually I know I will want to go to a bigger engine, and I like that the Cybermaxx chassis will allow me to use either a small block, or big block.

Do any other manufcturers make a chassis that allows the use of either size engine?

Thanks

Chad

Ok, I can answer your questions.

The Cyber kit is complete with chassis plate, cage, skids, shock towers and universal engine mounts. You woll need the adapter plate to run the stock 2.5, but that is a good engine, and it works well in the cyber.

The kit comes with a post that blocks the shift lever, so you don't need the foc, but you should put it in anyway to save an amazing amount of weight.

All stock bulkheads, braces, arms, etc will work. RC Solutions also makes bulkheads and other parts, here is an announcement on the RCNT front page:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10124

There is not much added weight, my own cyber weighs 9 lbs 12 oz with a Hyper 21. here is a like to my truck:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3035&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

And for the ultimate info on the cyber, check the buildups by Fasteddy and Christian here:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4261&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Thanks for the info Scott!

I've just been looking into the UE SuperMaxx chassis also. Can anyone compare the CyberMaxx chassis to the SuperMaxx chassis? I would still need a cage if I went with the SuperMaxx...but if it is a far superior chassis, I may consider it as well.

Thanks!

Chad

The RC solutions cage will not fit the supermaxx chassis, because the supermaxx will not have extra material in the right place for the cage hoops to attach to. So RC Sol does not sell the extended cage separately from the Cyber extended chassis.

The UE products are top shelf. You will pay the price for their products but they are worth it. As for a roll cage I'm not sure if there is anything on the market that will fit that chassis.

I went with the CyberMaxx and can't say enough about it. Its is top shelf as well and offers the roll cage to protect your equipment. You will also find that the balance of your RC with a CyberChassis is much better than the UE. It will give your Maxx the same control as you get from a buggy.

The weight of the Cyber products isn't an issue. My full blown Cyber buildup with tons of alum. and a .21 is less than 1 lb over stock. I could easily cut down the weight by 1/2- 3/4 lbs if I wanted to.

Durability is the primary issue I was looking for. I haven't broken a single part mounted to the chassis. The protection is awesome. The performance from the full CyberMaxx kit is great. I have raced my truck against just about every imaginable setup out there and the truck has held its own. If I knew how to drive I may be able to tell you I won every race but I'm only dreaming.

The FOC is recommended. It will cut a large amount of weight from your RC and offerers instant takeoff from a stop and greater control of your speed.

The choice of a UE or a Cyber is a tuff one. UE preforms excellent but offerers no protection.

-Ed

Dammit...now I'm not sure what I want! I'm still leaning a little more towards the CyberMaxx though.

Is the CyberMaxx chassis only available directly from RC Solutions, or can it be had cheaper somewhere else?

Thanks!

I believe for now only from them.
Don't only look at the price, look at the value you get. The UE chassis is just that, a chassis. With the CyberMaxx you get the entire conversion. If I haven't mentioned, the skid plates are incredible. You will never brake or bend one. The shock towers are a unique design, they have bump stops on them to keep your shocks from bottoming out. Just keep in mind what a set of motor mounts and cooling head cost. With the UE chassis you WILL be replacing them when you land on your top going over a jump. These items will never have to be replaces if you get the Cyber conversion or roll cage.

-Ed

FastEddy, thanks a lot...you've been a lot of help! I've decided to go with the CyberMaxx.

I have one more question for you though, do you know if I NEED the header that they offer for $41...or is this just an option.

Keep in mind I am going to run the stock TRX 2.5 in this chassis until I kill it. :) Thanks

Chad

I honestly have no idea.
You will need to contact scottm for the answer.

You made a great decision.

Happy holidays,
-Ed

chadds, you don't need the header for the 2.5, but it lets you fit a tuned pipe inside the cage with no problems.

It is available from other places besides the RC Sol web site, which has to charge full retail to protect dealers. But most shops sell below retail. You may be able to find a hobby shop near you that has it.

Try www.ultimatehobbies.com
They are buying tons of cages and are selling on the web, but I dont see the cages on their site. Try calling I guess.

Last edited:
Chadds,

I would go with the cybermaxx conversion from RC Solutions. I got there braces, cage and bulks for my maxx and am very happy with them. Stuff is top notch. Reason I didn't go with the full coversion is because I intend to pick-up the Picco P2 .21 in the future, and it will fit on the stock chassis. But that is for next year after I run the snot out of my Sirio.

Oops, I just noticed you already chose the Cybermaxx. Oh well, thats what I get for posting after the company xmas party and playing drinking games. :trashed: Chalk this one up to :spam

Last edited:
Hey guys...I just thought of something that may give me a problem!

I already ordered the CyberMaxx kit, and the stock motor mount since I am going to use the 2.5 till it dies. Will the easy start system install onto the CyberMaxx chassis???

If not, can I convert the stock 2.5 to pull start, if so...can someone please give me a part number?

Thanks...I'm hoping I can keep the easy start system...I've spent WAY too much money on this truck this week!

Chad

Chadds,

You will be able to use a roto start, no problem. You will definately like that setup.

Whew....that's a relief. Didn't want to spend anymore money on to get the 2.5 working in the new chassis since it will only be temporary. Thanks scottm