Collari .30 Equipped Savage Pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage.30

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here are some pics of my Savage with the Collari .30 engine. Just took theses pics tonight as I just painted the new Streamliner body and put it on.
The paint came out great. My buddy is pissed cuz I beat him to the body. He wante dto get it first for his LST.

Sorry the pics came out so dark. My digi cam sux!!

nice.. I'm likin the body. have you got vids with the collari yet?

No, not yet. Gotta get my wife to load the camera software on the computer. I am lucky if I can get this thing to turn on ya know!!! Give me a day or two and I promise I will. BTW, if anyone is gonna ask about the head(where'dya get it?) Don't bother, it is off a Savage .25 I just milled it to fit this engine.

hey..how are you likin the collari..I'm gettin a savage ss this week and I am gonna put one in....how is the power...will it wheely?..

WILL IT??? I am tryin' to figure out out to keep 'em down!! You see the wheelie bar on the back of my truck? If the pics were up close you would see that the treads are SHOWING WEAR!! I am running the stock gears 15/49 and should probably go to something like the 17/47 combo which is what I think the SS kit comes with. At times, if you ease into throttle, to top rev, when shifting 2nd gear the wheels will come up.

With 18/49 gearing you will keep the wheels down and have one VERY fast Savage. see the video section for my drag race with an RS4. This is before I switched to 30%.

I tried my 18t bell, it will still wheelie. This truck has standerd size Imex dirt dawg tires on it which with their whort height probably attribute to the wheelstands. ya think? Maybe I should try my Jumbo Kongs?? JK

I'm running heavy maximizer beadlocks with the stock tires and three stage foams. I'm not into the wheelie thing but if it wheelies for you that is very cool!

I was thinking about getting some Imex Jumbo claw dawgs. They should be just heavy enough to keep it down(somewhat) but not too big either.

You can also use a little bit lighter shock oil to keep the wheels down.