Ported AE .21 pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hoskinson

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
jon-2 the pics you were asking about are in my gallery photos now. I had the engine out to take pics of the aluminum 2 speed pinion gear conversion, and took a few quick pics. They aren't very good pics, but its better than nothing I guess....

is that a carbon fiber boost bottle?

wow your MGT looks GREAT how u keep it that clean i have one with alluminum rear a-arms and shock tower not front yet. its not as clean as urs how u get it so clean lol

also where did u get that air filter that thing is pimp! lol i want one. and wat does the boost bottle do i have never understood those things

Originally posted by TriGGeR
wow your MGT looks GREAT how u keep it that clean i have one with alluminum rear a-arms and shock tower not front yet. its not as clean as urs how u get it so clean lol
I think I will stay away from the aluminum a arms as this thing is beefy and the speed this thing goes will bend that thing to hell. I am still hoping for RPM to jump on this truck and fabricate their own arms for it like they did for the Maxx

The boost bottle looks cool but I am not too sure about doing that kind of work on my crank case. I have heard many horror stories and disappointments!

i am not sure what u mean by this?? alluminum is ok for it

Well I have seen that aluminum arms for the Maxx 2.5 or the savage 25 have bent the crap out of those. So my opinion seems to look another way for replacement arms

Could you tell any kind of difference with the boost bottle? If it is different, how so? Good? Bad? Worth the time?

Jon, porting work is very unforgiving to someone who has never done it before. Luckily, I leaned all my hard lessons on old junk Traxxas .15 engines.

You have to have a pretty good understanding of how a 2 stroke engine works to be able to make mods that will create more power. 2 strokes build compression above, and below the piston.

I'm sure most people understand how to raise compression above the piston... You make the chamber obove the piston at TDC smaller....

But when you port pieces of the crank case, you increase the size or volume of the crank case and you end up losing crank case pressure.... So bigger isn't BETTER.

A friend of mine came over yesterday with an Ofna Dominator with an RB concept big block engine. If you knowwhat an RB engine is, you know those are powerfull engines.... and they are expensive!

My MGT would run right with his truck, even though his weights 3 POUNDS LESS, and doesn't have REVERSE.

My truck will wheel stand with stock tires, and gearing from a dead stop on pavement....

If it gets too high in the air, I'll lift off the throttle to let the nose down, then peg the throttle again. Most of the time it will pull the wheels back up again from a roll.... as many as 3 times before its up to high enough speed to keep the nose down.

Even though the AE .21 only has 3 transfer ports, it can be modified to make some serious HP, and will rev like a small block.

I'm going to try to get some video of my truck running this week, and find a way to post it on here.

The boost bottle helps smooth out the transition from the low to the high speed needle.... (Idle to WOT)

My engine runs just as goo with out the bottle on it, but the difference is that the power is more consistant through the transition from low RPM part throttle, to wide open throttle...

It will also idle better, longer, and doesn't stall after a long time idling.

Forinstance, yesterday, I ran 3 consecutive tanks of fuel through my truck with out shutting it off. At one point, I went in the house to get my fuel bottle and take a leak, leaving the GT running outside. When I came back out, I hit reverse and backed away, without it loading up so bad that the engine would stall.

It wouldn't do that before I installed the bottle.

I tune my engines to run rich. It takes almost a 1/4 tank of fuel to get my ported 21 warmed up. But once it gets up to 175, it flies.

btw....

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I remove the radio system, wheels, and tires and then douse the ttuck with some Nitro cleaner, then hose off all the crud.

After its dry, I clean up the wheels, tires, and radio system with PLEDGE. It leaves everything looking clean, and shinny... Plus it smells good.

WOOO WOOO WOOO you "HOSE IT OFF" that means with "WATER" wont that hurt ur engine!! every1 always tells me it will

what do u have to do install a boost bottle?

Trigger, as long as the water doesn't get in the engine, it will be fine. I seal the carb with a rubber cap when I hose it down.

There are alot of ways to put a boost bottle on your engine. Scroll through the pics in my gallery to see how I did it.

ok thanks i will do that...

yes i looked at ur pics that just doesn't help me i am a newbie when it comes to engines i DO NOT LIKE DRILLING INTO MY ENGINE!!! so is ther any way around that lol but i wouldnt mind putting a boost bottle on it if not could u maybe pm some detailed instructions on how to do urs REALLY DETAILED I'm a noobie

where did u get those shocks at ther shiny and nice lol i want some

hey this another noobish question but when do i need to put differential oil in my truck and wat kind should i use