U.S. Off Road Gas Championships

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentGTboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style

KZ Speedway, CA

May 30 - June 1 2003

martykorn1.jpg

Factory driver Marty Korn wins the U.S. Gas Championship! This race was held at KZ Speedway during Memorial Weekend. The track is the largest track in California, and one of the biggest in the country. Long straights, big jumps, tight corners and varying track conditions are the norm here. Top drivers like 2002 ROAR National champ Jeremy Kortz, World champ Greg Degani, World's TQ Richard Saxton, and Worlds finalists Chad Bradley and Josh Wheeler were all in the main.

Starting in the 5th position, Marty drove his M2K/Fioroni equipped Storm Pro into the lead early, battling with Chad Bradley. The 2 drivers traded spots for several laps until a mistake by Marty allowed Bradley to open a gap. Bradley's motor then flamed out, handing the lead back to Marty. He kept the lead for the rest of the race and won by over half a lap.

martykornstorm.jpg

[pre]
Check out R/C Car magazine for a complete race report.
-- 1/8 PRO BUGGY - A MAIN --
pos--Car---Laps------time------------name
-1-----5-----79-----60:13.66-----MARTY KORN---------GS Storm
-2-----9-----78-----60:01.02-----GREG WALLER-------Mugen
-3-----1-----78-----60:02.23-----JEREMY KORTZ-------Kyosho
-4-----11----77-----60:12.87-----GREG DEGANI--------Kyosho
-5-----10----76-----60:09.78-----RICHARD SAXTON---TTR
-6-----4------74-----60:31.90-----CHAD BRADLEY------Mugen
-7-----8------65-----60:29.81-----DEAN SEXTON-------Kyosho
-8-----7------52-----46:22.05-----RAY NORTE-----------Ho Bao/OFNA
-9-----3------39-----29:07.97-----RYAN CAVALIERI----Kyosho
-10---13-----23-----18:19.34-----GENE HICKERSON--Ho Bao/OFNA
-11----2-----13------10:03.70-----JUSTIN WHEELER---Ho Bao/OFNA
-12----6-----8---------6:06.82-----JOSH WHEELER-----Ho Bao/OFNA

Originally posted by SilentGTboy

KZ Speedway, CA

May 30 - June 1 2003

martykorn1.jpg

Factory driver Marty Korn wins the U.S. Gas Championship! This race was held at KZ Speedway during Memorial Weekend. The track is the largest track in California, and one of the biggest in the country. Long straights, big jumps, tight corners and varying track conditions are the norm here. Top drivers like 2002 ROAR National champ Jeremy Kortz, World champ Greg Degani, World's TQ Richard Saxton, and Worlds finalists Chad Bradley and Josh Wheeler were all in the main.

Starting in the 5th position, Marty drove his M2K/Fioroni equipped Storm Pro into the lead early, battling with Chad Bradley. The 2 drivers traded spots for several laps until a mistake by Marty allowed Bradley to open a gap. Bradley's motor then flamed out, handing the lead back to Marty. He kept the lead for the rest of the race and won by over half a lap.

martykornstorm.jpg

[pre]
Check out R/C Car magazine for a complete race report.
-- 1/8 PRO BUGGY - A MAIN --
pos--Car---Laps------time------------name
-1-----5-----79-----60:13.66-----MARTY KORN---------GS Storm
-2-----9-----78-----60:01.02-----GREG WALLER-------Mugen
-3-----1-----78-----60:02.23-----JEREMY KORTZ-------Kyosho
-4-----11----77-----60:12.87-----GREG DEGANI--------Kyosho
-5-----10----76-----60:09.78-----RICHARD SAXTON---TTR
-6-----4------74-----60:31.90-----CHAD BRADLEY------Mugen
-7-----8------65-----60:29.81-----DEAN SEXTON-------Kyosho
-8-----7------52-----46:22.05-----RAY NORTE-----------Ho Bao/OFNA
-9-----3------39-----29:07.97-----RYAN CAVALIERI----Kyosho
-10---13-----23-----18:19.34-----GENE HICKERSON--Ho Bao/OFNA
-11----2-----13------10:03.70-----JUSTIN WHEELER---Ho Bao/OFNA
-12----6-----8---------6:06.82-----JOSH WHEELER-----Ho Bao/OFNA
That's a great result especially for a buggy that's not supose to be of the same quality as the big names(just like the Sacker Pro down here)and especially when he was the only Storm in the final.Down here in Oz the Storm and Lightning go for around $700-800 where the mugen is around $1200 and the kanai is $1500.The Storm like the Lightning has only been in Oz for the last couple of months and are starting to make a name for themselves against the big names,good stuff.:hehe:

lol, what is a sacker pro?? I love my Storm, and the fact that I get Fioroni, Hot! products and medial pro items for it at dealer cost!:banana:

Sorry, the Sacker is what the Lightning pro is known as down here.Also these two buggies are distributed by the same company in Australia which is pretty interesting!8-0

Originally posted by SilentGTboy
lol, what is a sacker pro?? I love my Storm, and the fact that I get Fioroni, Hot! products and medial pro items for it at dealer cost!:banana:
Ming Yang Sacker Pro = Hot Bodies Lightning Pro, as far as I know

Originally posted by fear factory
Also these two buggies are distributed by the same company in Australia which is pretty interesting!8-0

Why is that interesting? You live in a far away remote area so I would expect one distributor to take care of that area. Are you implying that GS and Ming Yang have anything to do with each other?

I'm thinking he is saying that two different companies are selling the same buggy there.

What i'm saying is that because of the same distributor,you have there drivers using both buggies in races which i have not seen before at other races.

The Storm Rules! Once again real world results prove the Storm Pro is a serious contender! Can't argue with reality, well you could but may I suggest some litium?:burp:

The storm is great, I love mine :D I'll be going head to head the 11th with my friends storm :D I can't wait!