NEW MONSTER TRUCK! Trinity Spider!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The Spyder is here! Trinity’s first release in the RTR car field is a big one. The Nitro Spyder is a super sized 1/7th scale nitro ready to run monster truck that comes equipped with a tuned 4.27cc R/C car engine. The 427 Monster Horsepower engine was developed especially for monster trucks and hi performance and is not a helicopter or boat engine converted for car use. The Nitro Spyder power plant makes it the fastest of the racing style monster trucks.

1/7th scale
4wd
Fully factory assembled
Ready to run, just add 12 ‘AA” batteries, (4 vehicle, 8 transmitter)
Pre painted and stickered racing truck body
Tuned “427 Monster Horsepower™” engine, 4.27cc, .256ci
Tuned exhaust system
Oversized fuel tank for longer run times
8 shock fully independent front and rear suspension engineered for maxi-mum travel and cornering speeds
2 Speed transmission with reverse
Adjustable shift point to track tune your horsepower
Metal gears in transmissions handle tons of power easily
Dual plate design makes a super stiff and strong chassis
Oversized wheel hubs keep rims from stripping
3 channel AM radio
6 Different changeable frequencies
Hi-torque servos

Scale: 1:7th
Width: 17.7", 450mm
Height: 11.8", 300mm
Lenght: 20.5", 520mm
Wheelbase: 13.8", 350mm
Track F/R: 17.7", 450mm
Tire Size: 3.9" x 6.89", 100mm x 175mm
Weight: 12.7lbs, 5.75kg
Motor: 427, 4.27cc, .256ci
Gearbox: Planetary Front & Rear
Gears: Hardened Steel
Bearings: 26 sealed ball
Trans: 2 Speed Single Spur
Radio:
3 channel AM Pistol Grip
Servos: 3 High torque Heavy Duty

TRI90005 "Nitro Spyder™" Ready to Run 1:7th Scale Nitro/gas racing truck. $899.99 690776080551

nitrospyderbodylowfront.jpg

twotrucks.jpg

I wanna see it naked. I have to say... proportionally, it looks a little f'ed up. The wheels look twice as tall as the body is

wow they did a nice job of copying of the savage :shrug:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that IB Spyder, is a 4WD version of the Mini-T! Check that one out too!!

PD2:cool:

every truck seems to be a copy of the savage... guess that's cuz the Savage is a good design.. follow the leader....

I like it, I think the big tires are great.

I like it, but the price tag is up there. And can't wait to get my hands on that mini.

Looks a little tacky to me. I dont like the looks of the tank. Just my opinion.

The tires look like dirt demon tires

Lessen said:
every truck seems to be a copy of the savage... guess that's cuz the Savage is a good design.. follow the leader....

i agree...look at 1/8 scale buggies....yes they all have different setups and configurations...but all in all to the untrained (someone whos never seen real r/c before) eye all 1/8 buggies look almost exactly the same. and IMO the savage twin plate desighn is very good.

Lessen said:

That is true but don't ya think a lot of trucks look like the Tmaxx? TNX, Terra Crusher, MGT? The only trcuk that seems to stand alone is the Revo. Yes its new but Savage wannabes...Raptor & Spyder and the others. Follow or be followed.

For those of you who think that this truck is a Savage Copy obviously should look closer at the two trucks. So any truck that has the TVP design is a Savage Copy. Thats like saying any truck that has a flat Chassis is a T-maxx Copy. I Have a Savage SS and a Savage 21. The Spyder is No Savage. It has TVP thats ALL. The fuel tank needs to be at the outside of the chassis because a TVP chassis design is very narrow. It shares no parts with the Savage. I have all the poplular MT's. Savage, T-maxx, Sportmaxx, Revo, MGT, LST. I will own this truck when it comes out. I have looked at it carefully, this truck is not a Savage. I dont know how good it will be. I don't know if it will be better. I do know that this truck is not made or designed my Trinity. Just like the MGT. I'm very dissapointed with the MGT, one reason is because when I bought it I thought I was buying a Team Associated vehicle instead I was buying a Thunder Tiger. That was enough for me. At least with the Spyder I already know its not a Trinity. It still looks cool though. As for the Savage truck I think its one of the best MT's ever made. The LST is great too. The engine is almost too powerfull for the truck. The steering is excellent. The suspension is too hard for the track. The tires are not for racing. The Revo in my oppinion is wonderful race truck. All it needs is an FM Radio and off you go. The tires are not too bad either. I am looking forward to owning the Spyder when it comes out. I just hope it does not become another pre order nightmare like the LST and Revo turned into. The LST and Revo never made the release date they thought it would and pissed off a lot of customers.

looks like a savage/LST combined..just like the raptor

I'm not sure but i can't tell if it has upper control arms? I can't see the arms good from any of the pics.....

If it was a nitro engine it would be on my Christmas list...lol

the price is that retail ? and is this out yet i can't find it at tower hobbies thanks curtis

Spyhunter it is listed on Tower Hobbies actually.

Click on the link below then click on R/C Truck Ready-to-Run Nitro Powered then scroll to the bottom and it is listed there.

Trinity Spyder

Back