Racer's Edge Quality Control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomber

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently purchased a set of titanium skids from Racer's Edge. The problem is that the front skid has a mis-drill where the plate connects to the lower brace. I haven't yet contacted Racer's Edge about the problem, but I'd like to get it solved using what I have if possible. Would JB-Weld be too soft for this part of the frame?

My anxiety drove me to use the plate with one less screw, so if you've heard rumors that I drive with a few loose screws, it's true! Driving without that screw hasn't caused a problem yet.

Additionally, has anyone had good/bad experience with support from Racer's Edge?

Attachments

• mudvayne-08.jpg
    mudvayne-08.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 148
Not yet, but I am about to try their customer service myself. I bought a set of Titanium skids for my maxx, first time out with them I bent the front one as if it were aluminum.

I haven't run enough to truely test the durability yet. Do you recall which skids you bought? Some are "super" skids.

Part# RE 4990S - frt titan skid
Part# RE 4991S - rear titan skid
Part# RE 4992S - SUPER frt titan skid
Part# RE 4993S - SUPER rear titan skid

I have non-super skids (on the truck, not my shorts)

Yeah, I got the super on the rear, but the regular on the front. Guess I should have gone with the super on the front too.

so what's the difference between the two then? just thickness?

I use their clutchbells and they work great!

Originally posted by bomber
so what's the difference between the two then? just thickness?

Yes, the regular are 2mm thick, and the supers are 4mm thick

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
I use their clutchbells and they work great!

I have a bunch of their stuff on my truck, chassis braces, lightweight chassis, front and rear titanium skids, clutchbells, and never had a problem with any of it. I just thought that the titanium skid should not have bent as easily as it did.

Yeah Ti really shouldn't bend, at least without being hit by a car. My HCR Ti skids took wot head on at squared off curbs without bending even slightly. Not to fimaliar with titianium alloys but I wonder if not made correctly it can be not as strong. My guess is a bad metal batch but what do I know.

Not sure on their T Maxx stuff but alot of other stuff they make/made is right in range with Duratrash quality stuff.

I can sum up Racers Edge customer service in one word... OUTSTANDING!. I e-mailed them about 10am this morning, I recieved a return e-mail, from a person, not a auto-response e-mail, within about an hour, asking me what set up I was running the skid on, and asked if I could e-mail them some pics. I sent pics, with a description of my set-up. Well no more than half an hour after that they e-mailed me back stating they were going to send me a replacement skid for the front at no charge to me. Not only are they going to replace it but they are upgrading it to the super skid.

Bomber, make sure to send them a nice e-mail, I am sure you will be very satisfied with their service.

Thanks Racers Edge!!!!

Thanks for the feedback NCNitro. I'll be sure to attach a pic of the flaw when I contact RE-CS. I'll let them know that I've heard good things about their CS though RCNT.

They had no direct link to customer service directly on their site, so I used the sales link, and very nicely asked if they could help or link me to who could, they helped me from there. Good luck, let me know how youmake out.

I've contacted [email protected]. They're being very helpful. They've asked me for more pics of the flaw to help them analyze the problem. I'll let you know how it turns out.

- bomber

Follow up...

I received a replacement titanium skid today via ups, not only did they replace the bent skid free of charge, they upgraded it to the super skid, and threw in a free racers edge hat too! GREAT customer service, thanks Racers Edge.

So any word yet on your skid Bomber?

RE and I had a couple emails back and forth the same day I reported the problem, but I haven't heard since then. That was Tuesday. What was your situation like as far as speedines goes?

- bomber

E-mailed them about 9am, by noon the same day they were sending me a new skid. I would try again, but don't blow up, keep your cool. I was in the service buisness for about 12 years, if someone exploded on me they got the worst service ever, if they were cool with me, I did whatever I could to help them out.

Kinda like yellin at the drive-through guy before you get your food...bad idea!

- bomber

I had a bit of an issue using their aluminum trans case as well. It was either the trans case or the RRP steel 2 speed gear/spur shaft that was a bad measurement. I had a hell of a time getting the bearings to seat properly in the case itself too. Once I got everything together, I tightened the screws of the case halfs and had some severe binding. It was at the top shaft. I ended up grinding a bit of the top shaft off with a dremel. Now all is good, but those bearings are going to be destroyed if I ever need to take them out for anything other than replacement.

Back