EZ start help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My ez start is acting up. I opened it up and the bigger metal gear was broke so I replaced all the gears. Now after everything is installed it works fine until it the car gets warmed up, then if it dies I have to push on the Ez start back plate to get it to turn the motor over. Otherwise it spins. Is this a common porblem? Should I purchase a new EZ start cover? Is it possible that this one somehow is stretched and then when it gets warm it expands even more so the gears wont catch?? Some suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated.

Also I have purchased a Pull start and didnt like how I had to take the lid off everytime I needed to start it. (My motor is still untuned so she likes to die lately) Then I though maybe I could make a bracket for the "T" to hang on over the lid but the cable seemed so short. Is there any way around this without having to remove the lid everytime to pull start it? Ir should I just stick with the Ez start. Thanks again

cut a big enough hole to get the rope to pull it. Unless you have one of those cadilac bodies. My pull start is great! Much more convenient than an EZ start.(IMO)

I just pull the handle out the wheel well when I have my lid on. Works just fine for starts. Otherwise, cut a hole in the roof of the body and go that way.

Is it long enough? Mine seems really short.

Back