Home made Center skid plate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex2342

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was bored last night and my internet has been down for a few days so I made a center skid plate for my Savage and thought I'd share. I made it out of a Parma .40 thick lexan sheet and was pretty easy to make. I can do a write up if anybody else is interested in doing it too. I've still got to clean up the rough edges but it's basically finished.

Picture057.gif

Picture056.gif

Sory about the glare in the second pic. For some reason the flash on my cam won't turn off even if there's enough light.

block the flash and re take the pic

This ones a little better

skid.gif

Looks cool. How did you keep it mounted?

Well it sits flush on the ends of the TVP's to keep it from falling in.The ends are just bent in and slide under the skid plates.The sides are screwed in with one screw on each side. I just used the screws that were already there to hold the tranny in. It's not going anywhere. I was beating on it with my fist and it didn't push in so I'm pretty sure it will do it's job well and take some abuse. It may have been better to use the .50 thick lexan sheet but I had this one laying around and it works good.