HPI New Race Quality T/Cs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This is direct from HPI's site...

HPI have decided to produce two exciting all-new cars in 2003, the RS4 Pro 4, and the Nitro R40. These are the highest level dedicated racing cars ever produced by HPI, they are designed specifically for maximum performance at the top level of international competition.

Exact launch dates will be confirmed later in the development process & only after extensive track testing, expect the RS4 Pro 4 and Nitro R40 to be in hobby shops toward the end of the year.

HPI Nitro R40

The all-new HPI Nitro R40 is designed for the increasingly popular 200mm Nitro IFMAR, ROAR, FEMCA & EFRA class of racing. The Nitro R40 will set new standards in terms of suspension tuning, transmission design & weight distribution. This will be the first dedicated racing car from HPI in the popular 1/10th scale nitro touring car class, with much higher levels of performance and features than found in our previous kits.

The Nitro R40 is built around a belt drive transmission to prevent torque steer issues in this ever increasingly powerful class. A state of the art power clutch to suit SG shafted race engines and a racing two speed will be standard equipment. The Nitro R40 will be available in kit form; an engine, pipe, radio & body are not included so the owner can choose the best equipment for specific racing applications. High performance, a long list of standard specifications & competitive market price will make the R40 an exciting addition to the 1/10th scale nitro touring car class.

As well as the impressive standard features, HPI have a range of options planned to allow racers to tune their cars, as required, to their track & the extreme variety of race conditions; our top team drivers & designers resources have been assigned to keep the Nitro R40 at the front of the field at major nitro touring car races.

HPI RS4 Pro 4

The RS4 Pro 4 will be a radical departure from the RS4 Pro 3, offering a change of concept for HPI both for suspension geometry & transmission. Extensive track testing of all existing electric 1/10th scale touring cars & HPI prototypes has already been done, the all-new RS4 Pro 4 is the result of that testing.

The Pro 4 features big changes over the Pro 3... new drivetrain, new suspension, and new steering geometry. Consistency, tuning options & driveability have all been dramatically improved. The most significant change is that the Pro 4, at the requests of our drivers & customers, uses a shaft drive transmission. Track testing revealed the benefits of low maintenance & fast acceleration that a shaft drive transmission offers. Again at the requests of our customers, the RS4 Pro 4 will be supplied in self-assembly kit form with key items like the radio, ESC, body and tires left to the choice of the driver. The Pro 4 will use the highest quality materials & will have a high standard specification to make it a force at the highest level of competition.

Our team drivers will be racing the Pro 4 at all major electric touring car races around the world by the end of the year, ensuring factory support and continued development of the platform to keep up with the latest racing technology.

Wow that is strange going to belt on the Nitro and Shaft on the electric. All the guys I know that race onroad praise the exact opposite. X

I found that kind of strange myself. I know that my RS4 3 has a considerable amount of torque steer when I just jam the throttle open, and it is a shaft drive. This may be the reason for building the RS40 around the belts. Since I don't race mine I prefer the shaft drive over belts. I would like to see some photographs of the chassis set up, but they did not have any on their site yet.

By the time this kit comes out, I will be looking for a more race car kit. I am anxious to see how it will compare to the TC3. Cause I thought about getting a TC3 to go with the one I have already.

Does anyone know if it will be AWD or just RWD?

Back