!! Snapped Bumper Mount!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxrcinjustin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put a snap in my bumber mounts.. do you guys think its ok to run it like that?:buggy1:

Yes u can, but don't hit anything.

Bumper mounts are relatively cheap to replace. Yes, you can run with a broken one, but like Team suggested...Don't hit anything.
:D

I personally run no bumpers on my Maxx. With that said I wouldn't run the no bumber option if you have anything less than Ti skids.
535t3-med.jpg

Last edited:
The spring steel skids from RC Solutions are pretty sweet also.

Besides, we all know you are psycho with your RCs. I mean come on; who jumps a street car off their roof with the hopes of clearing a chain link fence...and has the sack to have their wife video the whole thing?

Psycho.

I'd have to agree with everyone else. Run with bumpers unless you have skids strong enough to take the punishment. I want to get some rc solutions skids sometime soon, i've heard nothing but good about them. By the way nice maxx humboldt.

Thanks for the compliments SD

Here are some updated pics I have changed a few things like the Alum rear shock tower.

535maxx1.jpg

535maxx2.jpg

Much better. At least in these pictures it looks like it has had some dirt on it. :D

Very nice ride. Needs more dirt...

Dude I clean the poop outta my rides. It takes a lot of work to make em look like I don't kill them the way I do!!! After I get home from the track I can easily spend 3hrs cleaning 2 vehicles. Maintenance takes up almost as much time as driving.

i dont run with bumpers, only because when ever i use them, they will break my bulkheads. so i just run without them. i have the stock skids, and if they break o well cuase they are like $3.50 at the lhs!

bryan

SUp guys,

Well......I run the stock skids with the RPM bad boy skid plates. THe front RPM skid plate just poped off bolts and all on my last nasty front end accident but the RPM skid plates where fine. Had I used Thread lock they might have stayed on (don't like to use thread lock on any plastic stuff) but more damage might have happened to the rest of the car. The bumper still took the butt of the impact and I broken most everything on the left side...bent shock pins, broken bulkheads ect. Total carnage..hehe.

Now that I think about it, It might actually be smarter to run the RPM skidplates without bumpers. Most of the shock energy will be going into the skids that will then go into the chassis and other less traumatic places. If you break your RPM skids, they'll replace them for free and you can get the Stock Traxxas skids on E-bay for a relatively cheap price. This would be allot cheaper then replacing broken bulkheads, bent shock pins to name a few things.

Nice Truck Humbolt...

Peace

Hey humbolt, what shocks are you running? And why the al shock tower? Especially in the rear??

I prefer plastic shock towers. I run stock and havn't broken one yet. And yes sky, mine get awfuly dirty. Take a look at my pics to see that i'm not even pretending to make it look like new.

donno if this would work with anyone but i got tired of replacing my mounts so i just took loose the upper screws and added 2 long shocks with heavy oil and and one of the large spring hardeners (whatever theyre called) on each shock. Right now i just have em zip tied but i plan to do a little aluminum work. basically the ends are connected to the mount right behind the top of the bumper on both sides the connected to the shock tower. works really well!
chris

So you are putting shocks on your bumper mounts? Get some pics of that man! I wanna see!

well i can gets some pics up soon or later...gotta put it all back together tho. I've been cleaning it up a little. now what did i do with thoes red zip ties..lol
It works pretty well...I'm lookin into taking some aluminum and making the bumper stick out a little more so i can make it fully shock absorbed.

alrite... 2 bad pics up with my ripped up bumper. check out my gallery pics
chris

Sweet dude, looks cool but might not work well. the only problem is that the dampeners must be the smallest hole, and the oil must be like 90wt. and it still wouldent work that well given the flex room that it has. my reccomendation is to take off the two top screws on that, add springs to the shocks, and WHALAH, you will hit walls, it will dampen, and your bulhead breaking days are over.

Originally posted by Willthethrill
Sweet dude, looks cool but might not work well. the only problem is that the dampeners must be the smallest hole, and the oil must be like 90wt. and it still wouldent work that well given the flex room that it has. my reccomendation is to take off the two top screws on that, add springs to the shocks, and WHALAH, you will hit walls, it will dampen, and your bulhead breaking days are over.

Ill give that a try too....tho I've never had any problems it not working as i intended.... i hit a tire on a car while the maxx was goin pretty fast and nothing broke. heck the only thing that happened was the tail end popped up in the air about 4 inches..thats all.
but like i said i only had it rigged on there and plan to extend the bumper mounts out farther so i can attach the shocks to a more sturdy part of the car. I'm actually thinkin about getting longer screws and attaching an aluminum plate to where the 4 screws are on the bulkhead.
chris

Back