Roll Cages for Trucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can any one give me imput on weather the purchase of a roll cage for a MT2 is a good thing or badthing. I know that at impact the stress has to go somewhere..does it go right to the roll cage or spread thru out the truck causing more damage or problems to the truck than what it's worth and cost. This could also be a question to all trucks. I see alot of advertisment for truck cages, but don't see that many on trucks in magazines.

a roll cage is definatly a good investment if your a basher. Its a awesome way to protect your mill and elcetronics during a roll over. Only draw back is the extra weight. But being a basher, its usually something I dont worry about. Rc solutions make a sick cage. Thatd be the route Id go.

your concern is the main reason "I think" Rc Solutions makes the best cages out there. Alot fo the cages on ebay and such just connect to the shock towers or to the bod posts. This transfers all the stress of the landing to those points. RC Solutions cages bolt directly to the chassis of the truck. On the MT they do also connect to the shock tower but when you land on your lid all that force is transferred directly to the chassis. I've seen cages bend, I've seen some break in VERY bad crashes. I've never seen their cage cause secondary damage. They actually have their own forum here that they check all the time if you want to ask them questions directly.

Thanks for the responce. I too am not worried about weight at this point. The RC cage is the one I'm interested in so I'll look for the forum and give them a shout.

Back