putting on clutch mod...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaVaGeR21

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, i placed an order at tower on monday for a new spur gear, hpi brake mod, and the 3 shoe clutch. the brake and part of the clutch is on backorder so all i got was the flywheel for the clutch mod and the spur gear. first question. i have the stock 14t clutch bell from my savage and it says that the 49t spur and the 14t clutch bell wont match eachother. should i just stay with the stock 52t or get a 15t clutch bell?? second question. how do i take off the stock 2 clutch of my engine. i had pictures but it said they were too big to upload and i dunno how to make them smaller. but how do i take it off?? if you dont get what I'm sayin just ask me. can't really explain it. thanks.
savager

You need to take a small screwdriver that is what I use at least or a pair of needle nose plyers and pull the spring out of the groove of the clutch nut and press underneath the clutch shoe and up with a screwdriver and that should full on release it. LMK if you need anymore help.

ok thanks for the help. but i got the clutch shoes off, and now I'm at the flywheel but there a nut in front of it and i can't get it off. in the manuel it said to put locktite there so i think that might be why i can't get it off. how do i get that off and should i put more on after I'm done?thanks again
savager

Dude if you put loctite on it use a very minimal amount there honestly not much at all. I hold the flywheel with a pair of plyers and turn the clutch nut with a socket works most of the time for me.

Hold the flywheel then try and unscrew the nut. If it is really stuck, you can use large vice grips to hold the flywheel. Just make sure you use something to protect the edge of the flywheel. A piece of an old leather belt works great. After you get the nut off the flywheel may be stuck to the collet. Put a few layers of electrical tape on the end of a flat heat screw driver and work it between the flywheel and crankcase. Don't try and pop it off at once work it all around and eventually it will pop off.

You should also use blue loctite when you reinstall the clutch nut.

ok ill try that. i think i explained it wrong or somethin. haha. i meant when i got the savage(i got it used), i think the person before put the locktite on their or the factory did. i didnt put it on their myself. sorry bout that.
savager

ok thanks robmob, i was just gonna ask how to get the flywheel off cause it was stuck. but imma do it tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes tomorrow. thanks again guys.
savager

Back